Author Topic: My mum my best friend passed away  (Read 3369 times)

Offline David

My mum my best friend passed away
« on: April 22, 2016, 10:19:09 PM »
Hi, my name is david my mum passed away two weeks ago she had pancriatic cancer, I tell people and they are sorry but then I tell them she was 89. But to me she was my best friend as I took her everywhere and lived with her too, she died in front of me in hospital, I have one sister but she seems to want me to talk about other things not my mum but there is nothing else I want to speak off. Thanks david

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My mum my best friend passed away
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:42:41 PM »
So sorry for your loss David, grief has no age barriers, and it will be hard for you to come to terms with the loss of your mum because you've been there with her throughout her illness and taken care of her, so you will now be feeling lost i suppose.  Perhaps not talking about your mum is how your sister is dealing with her grief, but here at BUK you can talk about your mum as much as you need to David, there will always be someone here for you x
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss David.

We all deal with grief differently, even if it is for the same person. Perhaps it is too early for your sister to talk about your mother. The time may come whe she would be more comfortable talking.

As Norma says you can post about your mother on here as much as you want and will find people willing to listen.

:hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
Hello David and my condolences to you. I hope nobody has suggested to you that at 89 it matters less than at any other age because it doesn't, she's your Mum and it hurts to lose her! If you are comfortable talking about your Mum then that is great and personally speaking I find that talking about my 'loved but lost' ones helps now. We aren't all like that though in fact just after Chris, my wife, died I couldn't talk about her and I couldn't even bear to look at her photo. Thank goodness I've worked my way through that now and I've put her photos back up again. Hopefully your sister will also be able to reminisce with you in due course but perhaps it would be best to give her time to get to that stage.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Joann

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:26:39 AM »
So so sorry for your loss.  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.