Author Topic: my brother has disowned me  (Read 3387 times)

Offline shiningstar

my brother has disowned me
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:36:23 PM »
2 weeks ago my brother knocked on my door screaming and shouting. He said him and sister in law dont want to see us again :( We have a 4 year old neice who we adore and our son is her cousin. I am heartbroken. lost my dad exactly a year ago and my confidence is rock bottom now

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: my brother has disowned me
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:37:12 PM »
Welcome and sorry to hear about the loss of your dad a year isn't long and you will be feeling it even more now  your brother has fallen out with you.Sometimes this does happen in families when a key member is lost,I know a family where the dad died and three siblings didn't speak for years,In the end it was a niece getting married who laid down the law and said they either made up or didn't get invited and that sorted it out.Not knowing you or your brother or why he fell out with you I can't really judge,but it does seem unfair on the children.Perhaps give it a while then ask for a truce at least for things like birthday parties so they don't lose contact.Meanwhile if we can help you with support over grieving for your dad we will be here for you.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 07:14:52 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Soleil

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »
Shining star,

Sorry about the family problems. All I can do is say sorry about your father and hope that time heals the family and the loss of your father.

:hug: