Author Topic: Re: LIFE PASSING ME BY!  (Read 673 times)

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: LIFE PASSING ME BY!
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:45:05 PM »
Its nearly 6 years for me.  I also just exist most of the time, I feel alone and empty.  Although I have my sons so technically I'm not alone.  I just do what I can to get through each day, some days easier than others.   Sending you hugs Eileen. x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
It takes time, I think the first couple of years are the hardest part of the journey and we still need plenty of TLC. It's so important to try and engage with others and work towards something.  We all need a goal of some sort, something to show ourselves what we can achieve. It's a hard journey but finding something to focus on helps to bring back some meaning to your days. If you are not working have you thought about volunteering, finding a cause that means something to you. Or if you're working have you thought about courses you could try,  theres lots available online now, often free.  Ones like Future Learn also include interaction with others if you like
Have you thought of creating something?  Whether that's arts like painting, crafting or activities like gardening?  Are there groups near you that interest you? Whether community based, religious, specific interests?  Whatever you are interested in.
Sending a hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:21:27 AM »
I know how you feel Eileen. I am the same. Plodding through the days with no real purpose. It's like I am existing in a life with all the fun sucked out if it. My counsellor keeps suggesting I should find something that interests me and join groups but when I try to think of something that fits the bill I quickly realise that I'm just not interested in anything.

Maybe I will find something further down the line but as for coping now? It's our unofficial motto ...

"One day at a time"

:hug:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:55:41 AM by Hubby »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »
I would definitely give future learn a go.Its not all business or overly intellectual,I just picked a random course for something I was interested in and then when it finished missed it so much I went back and did another.I,m on about the 12th now.ranges from conservation,Creative writing,journalism,art,psychology,marketing,and subsaharan Africa.I had no idea what direction to go in ,I work but its not interesting. If nothing else I have gained confidence in my ability's,I,m working on a children's book encompassing all the above, to raise money for school gardens in Africa.so the apparent randomness seems to have come together.Its free,as Emz said you get to have online conversations with fellow students,all ages all parts of the world,you don't get a qualification.courses are short average 8 weeks,but you can take as long as you want.If you don't like it you can drop it,so there is nothing to lose.
Apart from that I learned to crochet,again mostly for charity,but bits and pieces for friends and family.
I,m not a joiner either,I tried and failed but there is nothing very interesting to join here anyway,sometimes I help out at the charity shop just sorting when they get really busy,as I can't commit to regular work.I've had to learn practical stuff,basic car mechanics,diy decorating etc,Love being in the garden weather permitting,grow veggies and herbs,and if I want to go for a walk or to a place I don't know on my own I take my camera,often taking random series of shots.I have car radiator grills from a vintage rally,odd bits of architecture from around manchester, motorbike paint jobs. Seems bizare but Having the camera is a really good prop,In Manchester for example I had a couple of hours between trains,I never sit in cafes on NY own,I hate shopping,and hanging round the station wasn't comfortable the camera gave me something to do and made me look and feel like someone with a purpose.
When I get round to moving I,m hoping I will find somewhere there is something to do and maybe more social but for now I,m focussing on being content with my own company,being alone without being lonely.It hasn't been easy but I,m getting much better at it.