Author Topic: Re: Feeling a bit gloomy today!  (Read 661 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling a bit gloomy today!
« on: August 12, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
It is really hard, and it takes time  :hug:

I found that sometimes my art helped in moments like that. I would set myself a particular goal, to draw something,  then once I got started I could easily lose myself for a while. When I lived alone and felt so lonely I filled many evenings working on a drawing before. The hours flew by.  And it was lovely to have a final product at the end too

Do you have any hobbies? Is there anything new you maybe fancy trying? With so many resources open to us now online there is lots of guidance around for learning new things. Perhaps there's a class or group you could try, which would help build towards finding a purpose for those moments when we feel a bit adrift. 

I also recommend Futurelearn,  it's by the open university and is full of free courses supplied by universities. Perhaps there may be something you find of interest there, which could be a starting point of something or an achievement about learning about a topic. It's online, you fit it in when convenient for you and there's the option to interact/comment with other learners too

Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »
You're allowed to feel sorry for yourself Eileen, it is so difficult thinking how am I going to fill my day today when we don't have the desire to actually DO anything. There will be days like this but that's not to say that the next day will be the same. I always feel better if I know that there is something happening on a particular day but many times there isn't anything so it's more household chores to fill the time!

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:56:12 PM »
I would also recommend future learn,I've done a few courses now,its become a bit addictive but through dipping into courses that I thought might be interesting I found a confidence that was seriously lacking and have begun putting together a project that absorbs a lot of my spare time.Even without that though,just gaining knowledge and communicating with others who share an interest is a good thing.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 11:13:21 PM »
Hope your day picked up Eileen.  :hug:

Offline Soleil

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »
Sorry you're not having such a good day. Maybe find a simple pleasure for yourself. Nice bath with candles and soft music, a favourite meal or something just for you.

Hope it will be better tomorrow.
 :hug: