Author Topic: Not Alone  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Not Alone
« on: April 09, 2016, 10:43:15 AM »
Its not very often i write about my own feelings and emotions, but ive just  had to write today, i lost my hubby suddenly 19 month ago, after 51 years being together, mostly im okay but this week quite a few things have happened that have got to me and ive being doing quite a lot of crying and really missing my hubby, talking to his photo quite a lot and asking him why he had to leave me on my own, to deal with the upsets ive had, well today i decided id got to pull myself together and make a start on the spring cleaning i was rolling the carpet runner up to move it and there it was a white feather, dont feel quite so alone now, thanks for listening xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Not Alone
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
That's beautiful Norma, I love the little signs they send us

Huge big hugs  :hug:   :hug: xxx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Norma. Somebody bought us a lovely picture frame which said ' When feathers appear, a loved one is near ' and it may be right.

I have not seen any feathers yet but a few days after Margaret died, after I had been having a bit of a meltdown in the clothes section at ASDA, I looked down and there was a poppy key ring on the floor exactly the same as the one she always had attached to her handbag. I picked it up and brought it home. I think I will put it in my memory box.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 01:05:29 PM »
Norma my dear lady friend.

In all the time you've been part of BUK, I can just about struggle to remember a couple of times you have actually posted about yourself as it's always about supporting others.

It's because of that it breaks my heart to think of you in that very sad situation you described to us and brought a lump to my throat reading it.

Having met you for real for only a couple of days back in Sept and afterwards missing the warmth of your lovely smile and your wicked humour we all loved about you. Then I can tell you with the upmost confidence Norma, that your beloved husband who was so lucky to have shared 51 years with you, could never be separated from you my dear lady, even by death   :hug: xx
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 02:29:47 PM »
Thank you all for your meaningful  replies, this group has been my lifeline since I lost my hubby, and although i havent posted much about my own loss, believe me that by supporting others it has also helped me. Xxxx

:hearts: :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Not Talons
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
 :hug: I can only agree with what Dave said you are a very special lady indeed. I,m glad you got the feather and you hubby got the poppy.I do believe in these signs,but especially the feathers,I used to think maybe I was fooling myself maybe seeing them because I was looking for them and yet even now I get them. I was more challenged by the trip to za this time just because I got the same flights as the first time when it all went to wrong,so ever since have used different routes.All the way there something was prickling my back,but it wasn't until I arrived I found the feather tucked into the back of my bra and I certainly wasn't looking for that one.

Offline Joann

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline marvil296

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »
To Norma I believe in the afterlife to.I've not had a feather or poppy like hubby.Put I've found a few 5p coins in the strangest places. I believe that's my lovely husband contacting me. Which I feel really helps me to no that he is still looking out for me.I also keep a diary  and that helps.My husband was a keen gardener .so I bought a beautiful diffuser with essential oils .so my house smells of roses all the time.and the beautiful colour changing lights are so relaxing.Norma you also welcomed me when I joined .I think you are a very kind and caring person.sending u hugs.x

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 02:46:31 PM »
talking to his photo quite a lot and asking him why he had to leave me on my own

Oh how I understand that and how many times I've said it to Chris' photo and also to her when I can feel her near me. I'm reminded time and time again that we all have the same thoughts and emotions  :heart:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Not Alon
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »
Grief can make us do some extraordinary things that if we werent going through grief we would call ourselves mad, like if i have a really bad day ill ask my hubbys photo okay what have i done to deserve  today, someone once told me because i had said i was desperate for a sign, that i probably had but didn't recognition  it as a sign, and when i did eventually recognise the sign to say hello to my hubby, he would keep letting me know hes there then, well that sign for me is a strong smell of garlick lol when he cooked he always used garlick i dont,  so there's no other explanation, so yes i do say hello, had a bit of bad news last night guess what house smelling of garlick. what you say longedge that we all share the same emotions and thoughts, yes we do, even though our losses are different and we are all at different stages, but eventually we do learn to live with our loss and build a new kind of normalty into our lives xxx

Hugs and a cuppa all round i think

:hug:   :coffeetoast:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
Thinking of you Norma  :hug:

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Norma - you are an extremely special lady.  You have helped so many people on this site and people often forget that you are here for the same reason.  I'm sure finding feathers is a special sign - I now have a collection of them!

Just be assured that you are loved by many - especially me!

:hearts:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:31:20 AM by Pauline Mc »

Offline Soleil

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
Hi Norma,

What a comforting thing to have happened to you. I'm sure these things don't happened by chance. You truly are special and we are all lucky to have you here.  I'm sitting down to a cuppa right now. Cheers to you!  :coffeetoast:  :hug: xx