Author Topic: Aaarrrgggg... income tax  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Soleil

Aaarrrgggg... income tax
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:11:22 PM »
Here in Canada we have to file our taxes by April 30th. In Quebec we file two - a provincial and a federal.  This morning I woke up with the realization that I will have to attack it so as not to panic last half of April.  I started this morning and decided only do as much as you feel comfortable. My concentration and self confidence is a little challenged these days.  I have begun and am well on my way, actually doing a bit better than I thought I would.  I still need a couple of papers for deductions but knowing at least one is almost complete, I can breathe a little easier. Had a bit of anxiety as I went but  put it down and went back to it. I can only imagine after losing a spouse that these government and paper issues must be a nightmare when you are in the middle of grief.  My sister had to deal with the US and Canadian governments after her husband died since she moved back here and they had all monies tied up in US funds. Don't really know how she did it but I guess money can be a motivation and it just had to be done. Just wanted to share that accomplishment today. My treat was a nice cuppa after :coffeetoast:

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Aaarrrgggg... income tax
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »
John be very proud of yourself and I mean that.

I have been nearly all day doing my VAT return and talk about having a melt down or what. I have been doing it for so many years and normally breeze through it but today was a nightmare. So well done you what with all you have had to deal with John enjoy that well deserved tea mate.  :coffeetoast:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:04:29 PM »
Well done that man.I found paperwork was really difficult to cope with and five years on I still struggle with it. Thank goodness for PAYE I would have a nervous breakdown if I had to do tax returns.

Offline Soleil

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 07:50:07 PM »
Hi Dave and Karena

I know what you mean. I hope you finally were able to get through some of it Dave. Best to put it down if it starts to irritate.