Author Topic: Awful bank hol  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Me

• New Members
Awful bank hol
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
Hi I'm going to make 3 hellos to start

Offline Me

• New Members
Re: Awful bank hol
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
Hi my name is Shirley, I lost my three month old son to cardiac complications on 20/07/14, OK so I gave birth to my son two years ago on bank hol Monday and I thought I was doing 'fine' but today I've spent in bed crying and to be pretty frank thinking why I bothered carrying on! I have another son who's now 5, and I haven't been able to even hardly talk to him today... I feel terrible, my husband just makes me so mad when he tries to talk to me.
I'm not entirely sure how to get myself out of this hole I feel I'm in, I've had swings (ups and downs) since my son Passed but this feels so raw again. My baby boy was born with an undiagnosed heart defect, at two months I was rushed into A&E with him. I lived with him for a month at the hospital whilst he had operations and do on, then he died of a sudden cardiac arest one Sunday afternoon. The whole experience was hopefully the most horrific thing I will ever experience, I lost a lot of local mummy friends after too as some people found it to awful to even talk to me.

Offline Cairo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:36:52 PM »
Oh Shirley, I can't even begin to imagine how awful it must be to lose a child. It's not surprising that you feel so terrible today. Big hugs to you xxxx
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Joann

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:20 PM »
So very very sorry. Sending  :hug: to you.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »
 :hug:

So sorry for your loss Shirley.  There is no time limit on grief.  Have you spoke to your doctor about maybe having some councelling.
We are here to listen when you need to off load.   Take care of yourself.  Penny x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 11:12:12 PM »
Sorry for your loss  :hug: sounds like the experience could have traumatised you. Were you able to talk through your loss with anyone at the time?  Talking helps us to understand our grief.  Counselling may be helpful for you, otherwise we are here to listen and talk, there are no experts here but everyone has experience of losing loved ones and the rollercoaster journey of grief xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx