Author Topic: Films and TV  (Read 9274 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Films and TV
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »
Thought I'd re-start the film and TV topic thread.  To chat about our favourite films, tv or chat about something we've just watched

Just watching Into the Woods.  Was quite surprised its a musical, with alot of singing but really liking it :-)  Meryl Streep is good in it, and james cordon can sing pretty well! Anyone seen it? Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Jude M

Re: Films and TV
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:31:17 PM »
I saw it a few weeks back, at the time I didn't know it was a musical. I was surprised at how well James Cordon could sing.
It was the case for me , started to watch the film and only wanted to see how it finished, an ok film to me.
The film I could watch again ( not seen it for  a few years )  is Bicentennial Man, really enjoyed watching that .
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 11:53:13 PM »
Bicentennial Man

Robin Williams, a true genius but a troubled soul. Don't think he made a bad film did he?

p.s. My grandsons used to watch Mrs Doubtfire on VHS everytime they came to see us 8^)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:55:03 PM by longedge »
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:18 PM »
So, do we have any Game of Thrones fans here? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »
So, do we have any Game of Thrones fans here? Xx

Think I might have been if I'd got into it from the start. I hate missing the beginning of anything. I'm 'into' a series of books by an author "Julian Stockwin" which follows the career of a man "Thomas Kydd" press ganged into the Royal Navy in the times of Admiral Nelson.  The first one I listened to was mid-series but I didn't know. I've bitten the bullet and gone back to the start and am now past where I first started. It's helped me through some bad times.

For some reason I don't understand, I can't bring myself to watch/listen to/visit any/thing/place we used to do together?? Chris would be totally gobsmacked if she knew I was now an ardent audiobook fan  :grin:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline mike59

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
I am A Film Nut but Since Gail My wife has Passed I cannot Concentrate anymore, Game of throans is One of my Favorites but again still having Problems too Watching stuff My Dear Wife used to Watch.I Love Robin Williams ( never seen him in a Bad Film/Movie, I live with my Oldest Son who Tries to get me to watch stuff with him, maybe in Time or some thing will Click to let me Watch Them again.   

Best Wishes    :hearts:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »
I know its the not the same but after my divorce it took a long time for me to be able to watch a film.  If I tried to watch a film on my own I would be in tears at the end as I would suddenly feel alone, I found it easier with a friend - but even then I found I could get quite emotional with the content of the film (during one film I burst into tears!).  Took quite some time before I could enjoy watching films again on my own.   xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
Resurrecting the film and TV chat, has anyone here seen the Captain America: Civil War film which was in cinemas recently?
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »
I havent Emz but i am going to theatre tomorrow to see 'Priscilla queen of the desert' with Jason Donovan, better re phrase that im not going with Jason Donovan, he's starring in it, im actually going on my own lol xx

:heart:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 09:05:53 AM »
Thought I'd resurrect this thread again.  Autumn is coming/starting (I'm never sure when it officially starts! In my mind it's Autumn now) it's my favourite season for many reasons.  An added bonus is all the TV series which start again. 

I saw a post about the date The Walking Dead will start, I know the Apprentice is coming up and Rhod Gilbert will be hosting the You're fired programme afterwards (i like Rhod, think he's a great comedian).  Flash and Arrow will be starting too and loads I've forgotten to mention

So, what TV series are you looking forward to?

Or if you prefer films, are there any you'd like to discuss or recommend? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
I've watched very little TV since my wife died over 5mths ago,  though I do like Foyles War,  and though I recorded the complete series,  I still like to watch it when the repeats are aired, so have watched a couple of those recently,  I thought the series was very good indeed, my wife enjoyed them too.

"No one can stop the birds of grief from flying over your head but you can stop them from nesting in your hair"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:42:07 AM by Brian71 »

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »
Totally agree autumn definately best time of year for tv series, im enjoying watching 'Victoria' 'DCI Banks has just started thats another of my favourires. And i believe theres another season of 'Poldark' starting soon, on the lighter side, my saturday evenings will be taken up on the dancefloor with strictly, and more than likely do a stint in The jungle with the celebrities lol,  at the moment im trawling through a boxed set on Netflix 'Orange is the new Black' getting a bit bored with it now though its going on forever. So i would appreciate some good film recommendations, but please nothing scary or vampirish, cant watch those sort on my own lol xx

:coffeetoast:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Joann

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Am really into Grey's Anatomy at the moment.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 12:20:35 PM »
That sounds like a hospital drama series Joann,  if so, ladies do tend to like that sort of thing,  but I've seen enough hospital drama's this year to last me a lifetime.....so I'll leave those to you ladies.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »
Can't wait for Strictly to come back on this weekend. Xx