Author Topic: Hi- just joined.  (Read 3477 times)

Offline Bossyl

Hi- just joined.
« on: March 21, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »
Hi I lost my beloved mother a month ago- the funeral was on Wednesday just gone and the last few days have been especially tough. I suppose I'm looking for others who have come through the darkness intact, to give me hope that I can do the same.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Hi- just joined.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:18:01 PM »
Hi Bossyl and welcome.

Losing a Mum really does hurt and my sincere condolences I offer you.

It's such early days for you and your mind will be just everywhere and a nights peaceful sleep is not happening for you I bet.

This forum can be a lifeline just keep posting and venting all the emotions that are causing you so much pain and we will support you as much as we can to get you through your sad journey.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
Sending a welcome hug
It can be a rollercoaster journey but it does get easier to cope in time.  Be gentle with yourself xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline marvil296

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 04:42:47 PM »
So sorry for your loss of your mum.you will be finding it so hard she was so young.Take care of yourself and ur kids.It will help you talking here.you will get support from the other lovely members that are on the same difficult path that you are on.I'm sending you a hug. :hug:

Offline Andrea

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 02:22:14 AM »
Hi I feel your pain my husband passed away on the 4 the of March x

Offline nattylee

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
 :rainbow: I feel your pain too, my Dad passed away from cancer 10th March. There are no words really for how this feels right? I wander where he is? He was amazing, funny, entertaining, silly and loved by all. I have his spirit but I am lost without his banter and jokes..... I laugh with myself now... We were two peas in a pod, I was my father's daughter and so much like him..... time heals they say but it does not help right now right? I cannot imagine living another 40 years without seeing him... So, I get how you feel... When there are times I share a joke with my son or my Mom I then feel guilty for feeling any form of joy.... because he is not here.... How dreadful this is. I am a Christian but it has not helped ease the pain.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:00:33 PM by Dave Administrator »

Offline Sarah

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:41:07 PM »
I lost my mum 7 weeks ago totally unexpected. I still feel like I'm in shock as well as grief. I'm just taking comfort that she is back with my dad and they happy again together x

Offline Joann

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »
So sorry to read about everyones loss. I lost my Mum 6 months ago and it still takes my breath away.
Nattylee, I am also a Christian and the last 6 months have been very dark for me. Keep the faith, I felt my first stirring of joy in 6 months on Easter Sunday so I know it does help.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »
Just a thought from me for all going through a loss. I wish I could make things better for all of you but we each have our own journey to make. Hopefully the support on here helps :hug: