Author Topic: lost my sister  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Lostmyself98

lost my sister
« on: March 19, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »
17 years ago my sister was taken from me in a road accident, she and her partner both died.
She was (still is, really) my everything.
I spent years battling depression, suicide thankfully though I found a way of coping, it wasn't easy not giving up when days got worse but I fought it.
I miss her so much just like the beginning and there's days when it still feels like the first day.
I was really dealing with it until recent when I found out details of her death, absolutely everything that I grieved over such as the accident, the fine details etc have come to be untrue. I now know the truth about it all and I literally have no one to vent to because I'm the only one that knows this information and I need to protect my family from it because I know it will destroy them.
All the questions I had in the beginning, nightmares, sleepless nights etc are back..

I don't know right now how to process it all as it's much more horrific than I ever knew

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: lost my sister
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »
Hello L,, thank you for sharing this story about your loss and what a terrible tragedy that must haunt you probably every day of your life.

It sounds like you were very close and must feel robbed of having a full and loving relationship as sisters.

You know you can say anything here L and don't have to bottle up any emotions, because that will certainly hold back your healing and that's not what you want.

Writing all these things here will help you and will be a release for you and hopefully others reading this will offer some comfort and support to help you.

You take care L.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 07:45:18 AM »
Finding out different information must be really difficult. If you need to talk it through, you can talk to us.   Everyone is supportive here and have experience of loss and grief
Sending a hug xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline marvil296

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »
so sorry for you .must be hard to deal with new information.You have had a lot of struggles to deal with.Its good to vent.and this seems to be a good place to do it.You will receive lots of support and kind words to.I'm new to the group to and I think it will help. :candle:

Offline Diesel

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »
Yes BT I know that feeling all to well. Its been over a year since I lost my husband. Some days the loneliness just hits you like a wave xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »
It's bad enough to lose a sister but to have it all resurface like this must be awful. Hopefully you can talk about it to us- we all understand X

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »
Hi Lostmyself98.

How terrible for you to have new information set you back after such a long time struggling to cope. You will need to offload but protecting your family will make that very difficult.

Perhaps you could approach a counselling service to give you someone neutral to talk to or even try the Samaritans. I used the Samaritans a lot when I found it difficult to cope and still do occasionally when something sets me back.

Wishing you strength