Author Topic: Struggling with losing my mum  (Read 69 times)

Offline Pamela81

Struggling with losing my mum
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
Hi Everyone, i have come here as i dont know where else to turn. My mum took ill in August and we found out she had cancer that started in her kidneys and spread to her lymphnodes, chest and brain. The only reason we found out is she started having seizures. My dad witness one and called the ambulance. We were told on the Tuesday after scans about the cancer, got told on the Wednesday we would have up to a year, by the Saturday she had left us. My family (my dad, sister and husband) were great to start with but i feel as if my sister wont talk about things now, i cant go to my dad as he is struggling and my husband just doesnt understand as it happened 11.5weeks ago. I feel so alone. I dont want to keep turning to my friends as i dont want them to think "oh no its hr again going on about her mum" i just feel so alone. I went back to work a week after the funeral as my sister said it was a good idea for us to get back to normality but i struggle. The only thing that is normal in my life just now is my running which i have just gotten back into. I miss my mum every day and it is so hard to not be able to call her every day like i used to or go and see her. I have no idea how to cope with it.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Struggling with losing my mum
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 11:19:48 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
I found it helpful to be here amongst others who have lost loved ones and who understand. Hope it helps you too
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx