Author Topic: loss  (Read 1124 times)

Offline kerrysmith

• New Members
loss
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:55:41 PM »
ive lost my dog, my dad my mum and my stepdad in 2.5 years..my boyfriend left me 2 weeks ago..anyone have any advice? Kerry x

Offline Widowed at 45

Re: loss
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »
 Hi Kerry,
I can only imagine... I've lost 3 mums, my wife and a cta in 2 years. I am incredibly lonely too. Hadnt slept on my own in 13 years for a start. I'd say all the things you her when you are grieving but none of will make you feel better. Hasn't me anyway. But it is the lonelyness that killing me 37 days in
Happt to chat with you if you need to offload.

Offline kerrysmith

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »
yes thanks..am new to this not sure how it works hope you get this reply. my friends are avoiding me and my boyfriend just cut me dead on facebook no explaination tho I swore at him once when I was having a bad day..he had no sympathy for me

Offline Widowed at 45

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
 Hi Kerry,
Replies can be slow here.
Wow, Thats really harsh of your people.If your bf leaves because to snapped at him a few times, then he will not be any use to you my dear. Although I am lucky enough to have friends that will let me be me. I had to sit down with some and explain (In a moment of turmoil no less) some of what to expect from me emotionally. I'm less than two months in and I've dis-owned a few people fr exactly the reason you said. If they cant handle me at my worst, why would I let them be with me when times are good. This has taught me ho my real friend are. These ones become family. Do you have anyone in a different social circle for instance. My wife lost her mum 6 months before she herself passed and one thing I have learned is you will have all sorts of emotional outbursts and not always when you would expect it. Try to surround yourself with people that will just sit with you and let you cry or just let you sit and talk about the one(s) you have lost. Most find it helps to talk about the loved on I do. I'm happy to talk/listen to you if your lot aren't receptive.  As I'm sure a few others would be on here
I'm still a relative noob to grief myself, but I have learned a ridiculous amount in the last few months., my late wife was  Psychologist and teacher.
Let me know if you want a 121 chat. x Jason

Offline kerrysmith

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 12:35:42 PM »
hi Jason..thats very helpful..yes not everyone is going to stick around on the dark days as ivce found out and friends and family don't always want to talk about grief ..today is a difficult day as its mothers day..mum was in hospital this time last year being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer..am doing the washing up and have two phone mtgs today as yesterday was a bad day..youve had similar losses to me I think you are very brave x

Offline Widowed at 45

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »
 Hi Kerry,
Hope you're coping as best as you can.
I messaged you today.
x

Offline kerrysmith

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 07:17:33 PM »
hi Jason I did reply did you get it?