Author Topic: Happy New Year everyone  (Read 23 times)

Offline The Laird

• VIP Member
Happy New Year everyone
« on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
Hi, I know it sounds a bit odd saying this on here but i hope everyone has a better new year (wouldn't call it happy when your in our circumstances but things can only get better eventually)  I managed to survive my 2nd Xmas without my wife and kept myself busy doing jobs in the house, I was going to escape to Argyll but in the end decided to stay put. I hope you all managed to cope aswell as you could hope and lets keep on keeping on this year and support each other and hopefully make things a bit easier for not only us but also all the new members on here. Its the 2 year anniversary of losing my wife on the 21st and dreading it and honestly don't know how i have managed to still be around, i had a few really dark days recently when i must have spent a whole day planning on how i could join my wife now but got through it some how but it did frighten me as I am the sort of person who plans all the little details so know if i attempted it I would succeed but after heading up into the mountains for a couple of days camping (yes camping in the snow) nature saved me and i really think there is nothing better than getting out into the countryside or just spending time watching nature.......i found myself wanting to research some wild Orchids i found and also found some fossils while beachcombing with Rory it was enough to distract myself from what i was planning to do so can highly recommend it no fancy equipment needed even a phone and a decent identifying APP or book will get you started and you may feel alone at first but then you realise you are surrounded by life. This year i am going to do a Nature Diary and write down all the stuff i spot and take more photos, even on miserable cold days if you wrap up warm you can still get a buzz from seeing stuff you normally would walk past in daily life. Right best shut up rambling now but you get the idea and why not share your sightings and news with us on here....might take your mind off the bad times and give us something different to chat about.
Cheers and take care x :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Happy New Year everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »
Sending you best wishes for the year :hug:
I agree, Nature is so good for us. I dont like the winter months and seeing the bulbs pushing through the soil really has lifted my spirits.  Nature can reveal so much if we pay attention, dew on a spiders web can be so pretty and it helps to concentrate and seek those interesting/pretty things
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx