Author Topic: The Firsts  (Read 1464 times)

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
The Firsts
« on: June 25, 2019, 08:03:05 AM »
Two weeks ago was my first wedding anniversary on my own, last week was my first birthday on my own and for my children the first fathers day without their dad. Then tomorrow the first anniversary of his passing. Its been a strange couple of weeks, where previously celebrated events would happen at this time of year, now they only feel like sad ones. I know it is my first year without you and that this time last year I was watching you suffer which was terrible. What have I learned to take into the second year - that time does heal a little, that loving family and friends are good to have around me and that I still miss, that's just something I have to learn to live with.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: The Firsts
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:44:56 AM »
 :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
 :hug:That is a lot of anniversarys close together, but you are right about the things to take forward - as for missing i think it will always be the case no matter where life takes us in the future, but perhaps we think rather more over the years about the whole of their lives and some ofthose anniversaries at least become less sad over time, because a wedding anniversary marks a wedding day and thats a happy day,i buy myself a birthday present - from him, because i can see something and think its something he would have bought if he had seen it - nothing major but sometimes just a bit of something that makes me smile knowing that - it could be something emotional - love token so to speak or something a bit daft just something to affirm the bond remains between us.

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
Yes - I did the same, I bought a rather expensive clock, well expensive to my standards, when I saw it I thought Darren would have loved that so its a birthday and wedding anniversary pressie from him. The day wasn't as bad as I had expected which also gives me a little hope for the future. I think a positive state of mind helps and of course preparing yourself for a sad dad day. Year two is a whole new year and I'm moving into it with at last being able to think of happy memories and not just upsetting ones. Thank you ladies for your kind messages as always  :hearts: