Author Topic: New  (Read 2253 times)

Offline PaulaJaney

• New Members
New
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Hi my partner lost his battle with cancer just over a fortnight ago. The diagnosis was only made July 2018 so it all feels as though everything has happened very quickly even though pallative care was are only option.  He started chemo Nov 18 was hospitalised Jan 19 with a chest infection which turned into pneumonia. He then came to live with us & I nursed him in the final weeks of his life. The funeral was last Weds he was only 54 & its hit me hard since then x

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:04:27 AM »
Welcome to the group Paula, and I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your partner that has brought you here.

It's such early days for you still, so your thoughts must be driving you crazy day and night trying to accept what happened and so quickly for you too.

May I suggest you try and open your heart and soul here writing down all the pent up feelings you have so as to get them off your chest, as doing so really helps I promise you.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:30:08 AM »
Hi Paula. I found this site after losing my husband too a stroke - it is the most horrendous time - In these early days every step is an achievement and being kind too yourself is the only way forward. Finding this site made a big difference though - somewhere to write and where you can be honest as you find yourself telling people around you that you are OK when inside you are far from it - and also somewhere others are around who understand, because everyone here is here because  some-one they love has died. :hug:

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »
Welcome Paula, so sorry to hear of your loss. I too have lost my husband to cancer at very short notice (just two weeks), though no amount of time is ever enough. He was only 52 and after 32 yrs of marriage I have been devastated. Enough about me though, I have found a lot of comfort, understanding and kindness on this forum, hope you do too. Its good to talk  :hug:

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:30 AM »
Hello PaulaJaney, welcome to this site. I hope you find some comfort here. I found it helped to know that others understood how I was feeling and it made me feel less alone.

I am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you and your partner. Loss is hard to accept and even less so in someone so young. Do keep talking to us here. It really does help to talk.  :hug:

Offline Johnt

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 04:49:53 PM »
I'm new here and my wife passed on 24th February this year unexpectedly. I hope I can both give and  some support , new friends and take first steps to rebuild my life . Thinks look dark at the moment and I have nobody close to share who understands. We had been together for just under 20 years .

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
Hi John - things will look dark for a while i,m afraid but hopefully we can help you find a bit of light again.keep writing keep talking and take small steps but most of all be kind too yourself. Its a roller coaster of a journey but you will find a way to climb back out of the dips and each time you do it will be that little bit less steep.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »
So sorry to hear about your wife, John. Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: You will find lots of people here who understand. Loss if probably the worst thing any of us ever has to go through and it has really helped me to talk to others here. It is sad that there are so many of us who have had reason to come and find this place, but it does make you feel less isolated and is comforting to know others are feeling the same and struggling to find their way forward too. We all help eachother. Thinking of you. :hearts: