Author Topic: About me?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Anon27

• New Members
About me?
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
I can't believe how nervous I am doing this. Stupid isn't it? I guess I'll start with; I'm 27 and live in London. I've never done anything like this before. Never even written on a forum! I never imagined I would need to. 3 months ago my dad died and then a month after that my Grandmother also died. I was doing great. Keeping it together. Went back to work a week after my dad passed and a day after my grandma. Last week I broke though. People have suggested counselling but I can't physically talk to anyone right now without sobbing. Really hoping that someone out there can help.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: About me?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »
A warm welcome    :hug:  is on its way to you Anon xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: About me?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »
 :hug: its not unusual for this to happen,grief is a roller coaster journey and it isn't one you can rush it has to run its course.Bereavement counsellors are not going to be surprised if you cry, or if you don't,but for some of us writing is easier and some bereavement councellors believe their work is more effective started later so that is an option you can consider later. We will be here as long as you need us.Everyone here is on the same roller coaster some of us further along it than others but everyone understands that although each journey is unique there are a lot of things that are similar and its something that often people around us in our daily lives who have not been through it don't nor could be expected too.