Author Topic: About me  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Darran

About me
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »
Hello everyone I'm New to all this everyone has a story but heres mine throughout 2015 I nursed my mum thru secondary cancer until she passed in June of 2015 all the time fighting and supporting my wife who also had secondary breast cancer Deb my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 then it spread to the bones in 2014 she fought hard and strong until we was told in November 2016 that they could do no more and the cancer had become aggressive we was told it would be our last Christmas and it was I lost my wife 8 th of Jan 2017 I'm devastated even thou we knew it was coming doesn't make things easy I struggle from day to day to stay strong for our 15 year old daughter I randomly burst into tears I've arranged counselling for our daughter and try to keep myself busy and sane when inside you just want to scream life at times is so cruel just thought it may help to chat with people who've experienced loss thanks for reading xxc

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: About me
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:30:25 AM »
Sending you a welcone hug Darren, my heart goes out to you, for the courage you showed in being tbere for both your mum and your wife xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:33:40 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
It's really early days for you, be gentle with yourself and take it step at a time xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »
Welcome Darran.  So sorry for your losses.  You have certainly been through a lot.  Sending hugs. xxx

Offline mike59

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
so sorry to Hear of your Losses welcome to a very friendly site you will get lots of Support they are a Lovely Bunch here, I Lost my Wonderful Wife in Febuary last Year to Lung Cancer.

Best wishes ... Mike   :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum Darren. I am so sorry to hear of your recent losses.

It is only a very short time since you lost your wife and everything will still be very raw. Keeping busy does help but only by distracting you and delaying the grief. I've found it always comes out once the distraction is over.

I wish you strength.  :hug: