Author Topic: 6 months since losing my Dad  (Read 3312 times)

Offline rawareham

6 months since losing my Dad
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:26:42 PM »
I lost my dad 6 months ago very suddenly to a brain hemmoraghe. He was only 60 and we were so close, I miss him so desperately.

Not sure what to do with myself really. Thankfully I have 2 young children (4 and 9 months) so they really keep me going but I'm finding I'm in an especially bad patch right now, crying all the time and struggling to think of all the happy memories of my dad. My brain just seems to be focusing on the awful memories from hospital and the day I got the phonecall. I still don't understand how your whole life changes in one second.

I have so much to be grateful for, but I just want my old life back with him in it.

xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 6 months since losing my Dad
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:18:10 PM »
Sending a hug  :hug:  it takes time,  it's a slow journey and 6 months isn't long. I lost my dad suddenly in 2013 just after his 59th birthday
Be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time, it will get easier to cope xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
You're bound to be feeling like this, there are so many emotions to deal with. I hope being on here helps you through this as it helping me X

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »
I can really sympathise with you. I lost my wife to a brain haemorrhage just over six months ago and I have also been going through a particularly bad patch since the six month anniversary. I had blocked out the time o hospital, still have to an extent, but even happy memories come with tears.

We have to remember that these bad patches are just that, patches, and that there will be periods that we are more able to cope with our new situation. Hopefully these periods will become more frequent with the passage of time even though we might not be able to see it now.

Until then it's down to getting through one day at a time as best we can

:hug:

Offline Smi1973

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 01:10:59 AM »
Sending a big hug.  :hug:

Your story is very similar to mine. I lost my dad at the end of April very suddenly, his heart. 

Not sure i can help you but i can certainly understand where you are coming from.

Sharon

Offline BT

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
Hi, I lived through my worst fear 6 months ago today, the phone call to tell me that my mum had collapsed.  We were very close.  There is q big gaping hole.  The day my mum died, apart of me died too.   :hug:  I take one day at a time. I have good and bad days

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
That's it in a nutshell BT.

Good and bad days.  We get through the bad ones knowing there will be good ones.