Author Topic: Embarrassed to cry in public - just me?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline HassanShuman

• New Members
Embarrassed to cry in public - just me?
« on: September 19, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »
yesterday, I heard a song that just flooded my eyes with tears for not reason - just a phrase from the song (translated - oh reader of the bible, pray to my parents,  they are in heaven) and I just wanted to sob there and then, but had to hold it in, but the tears were just falling down my cheeks.

it's not like it was my father's favorite song or singer, it was just some of the lyrics.

I just hope no one noticed as I am sure everyone is just busy on their phones

the frustration is that I still lots of crying to let out, but I can no longer release it and don't know how. 

I must be weird ;(

God help me at the funeral on Monday

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Embarrassed to cry in public - just me?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:16 AM »
You are not weird Hassan - this is normal and often the triggers are not what we expect because we steel ourselves against the expected - but often little things that we dont expect. 
song lyrics can be the the trigger of tears even years after the event - i heard a xmas song i hadnt heard for years 12 years after my mum died, because i remembered her learning to play it on the piano ( she was a teacher and it was for the school nativity play) and it brought me to tears.
For-ever Autumn - the song from war of the worlds still makes me cry -because a freind said she thinks of me when she hears it and where i am in life after my husband died - not because it was a song that had particular meaning for us. 
lyrics are not the only thing that can do this - for a long time  i couldnt bear to see a packet of jelly babies - because he used to buy them for me before we were even together as a couple - i never eat them now but i can walk past them without being upset at least.

I also think though sometimes these things stand out because we are meant to take a message from them and the words - pray for my parents they are in heaven - suggests they are together and in a place they believed in, so maybe that even though it brings tears and of course you want them to be still here will over time become a consolation.
Dont be embarssed by your tears we are all human, we all hurt and crying is our natural physical response, if anyone sees it as a problem or embarssing when you cry then it is their problem, not yours.