Author Topic: Parents died  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Als80

Parents died
« on: September 09, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »
Hi I’m new here don’t really know what to do. I lost my mam on July the 10th to cancer and then 6 weeks later on August 21st my dad died  :cry: it’s just horrible the feeling that I will never see them again hurts so much. But my 8 yr old gets me up every morning and that helps

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Parents died
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:27:57 AM »
So sorry, Als80. Sending you an understanding hug.  :hug:  It's hard enough to lose one parent, but to lose the other so soon after must be very difficult and painful for you. So early into this journey, all you can do is whatever helps. I found it did help to write down how I was feeling and what I was thinking, it helped get it out of my system. I also found it comforting to have flowers around and to walk in the park. It is a calming and peaceful place to sit and try to process all that has happened. You are not alone here.  :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »
 :hug: keep writing keep talking too us we will be here as long as you need us to be.  :hug:

Offline HassanShuman

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »
So sorry Als80.  I know that feeling well as I lost both my parents to Cancer too, though not this close to one another.

I lost my mum to ovarian cancer in 2013 after a 3 year fight.  It took me 5 years to get to terms with it as I blamed the world and God for he death as she lead a healthy life, did no harm, etc. 

I lost my father to prostate cancer three weeks ago and I am torn between guilt, sadness and anger, but, also feel confused as I now feel an orphan, which is odd as I am 53!

Anyway, you are not alone here Als80.  I am sure we can support one another on this painful journey to recovery

hugs kiddo