Author Topic: FEELING DEVASTATED AFTER HUSBANDS RECENT DEATH  (Read 2316 times)

Offline JanAli

FEELING DEVASTATED AFTER HUSBANDS RECENT DEATH
« on: April 08, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE
I AM NEW TO THIS SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. MY LOVELY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY ON 13TH FEBRUARY 2019 FROM LUNG CANCER AND I CANNOT REALLY FIND THE WORDS TO DESCRIBE HIS LOSS OTHER THAN UNBEARABLE. AT THE MOMENT I JUST FEEL I AM NEVER GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: FEELING DEVASTATED AFTER HUSBANDS RECENT DEATH
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »
So sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, JanAli. Sending you strength and a welcome hug :hug: :hug:

The first few months after any loss, especially such a close one, are so hard. You are in shock and under so much pressure. I hope you have people around you to help support you, but if you don't, just do whatever helps most and make sure you remember to eat and drink. At this point, it is hard just to get up in the morning, so just do whatever helps and take things one day at a time. If you need to, sort out your finances, so that you have access to your money and otherwise, as long as you have enough to eat and drink, everything else can wait. It is early days for you, so just surviving from day to day will be quite enough to cope with for now.

Everyone on this website is here because they have also suffered a loss, so we all understand and can help you know you are not alone. I hope you find some help here.  :hearts:

Offline Julieanna

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »
Hi, I lost my husband very suddenly in January . I am feeling very lost too x

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »
Welcome Julieanna, I am sorry you had reason to have to find us, but I hope you will be able to find some help from this website. I think any close bereavement leaves us feeling lost. It is such a shock to the system and has such a major impact on the lives we have grown used to living. We will find our way in the end, but it is a very hard journey. At least here, you will find out that you are not alone. Sending you a hug.. :hug:

Offline Julieanna

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:48:46 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply .It is difficult to talk to
people face to face as I always feel I should try to be strong . I have two children at home and my 15 y ear old saw everything. I have older children who are doing their best for us , but I just feel so lonely .

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
Julieanna, It is so sad to hear that your child has gone through this with you as this has also happened to me though my daughter was 26 and she saw everything, stood by me as her father was dying. It is difficult to make sure they are coping whilst you try to cope yourself, I know this. Just love them every minute, hold them and talk to them too. Bless you my dear, big hugs :hearts: