Author Topic: Phyiscal grief  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Simonb

• New Members
Phyiscal grief
« on: July 27, 2019, 08:05:34 PM »
hello I have been having physical grief know for nearly 9 months has anyone else suffered the same ad how long does it last.

Offline Simonb

• New Members
Re: Phyiscal grief
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:32 PM »
Hello, having a bad day today with these pains in my chest. they keep coming and going.

Good news I start my Cruse counselling Tues, had my CT scan over 2 weeks ago not heard anything back yet so hopefully no news is good news.

Has anyone got any advice with trying to block out the pains I keep getting ?

I understand its physical grief but the pains are really getting me down.

Thanks

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Phyiscal grief
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 11:23:53 AM »
Really difficult to advise with pains in the chest -hopefully your scan results will be fine.
Only thing i can sugest is to keep a note of when they happen - what are you doing at the time what are you thinking about, is there a pattern something that could identify a trigger -  could it be a form of panic attack, in which case there are things you can do when they occur to help. Deep breathing is one counting as you breathe in and out again- another is to have an object with you which is taken from a time after the trauma when you expereinced some kind of peace even just for a moment.  - could be a pebble from a beach a piece of jewellery - something which reminds you of something calm and pleasant since then, which then reminds you of that more peaceful time and that you can do that again and have some peace of mind even after what has happened.
If you dont have such a thing or cant recall such a moment then try and create one - for me they are always found in nature, take a trip out or even just sit in the park or your garden and look at what is happening around you,a child playing in the park might make you smile, a bird song, a flower , a tree, running water or waves washing over the shingle. Then take an object from that place, something you can carry with you all the time and hold, something that will take you back too that moment. I have several, a quartz crystal, a bracelet which i bought then washed in the sea in a beautiful cove. a feather, - something you can feel and hold on too until it subsides.