Author Topic: Hello I知 new  (Read 2003 times)

Offline KKB

Hello I知 new
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
My husband died 2.5 months ago very suddenly from an accidental head injury which led to a brain haemorrhage. My life has unravelled.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello I知 new
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:09:51 AM »
Hello and welcome to this site. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. This must have been a terrible shock to you.

I think any close loss unravels your life, especially such a short time since it happened. The loss of someone so close touches every part of your life and your future and changes you as well, so it is a lot to adjust to and will take a long time. Be gentle with yourself and just try to eat and drink enough for now and that will be quite enough to cope with.

Sending you a welcome hug and strength..xx  :hug:

Offline green dragon

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 05:38:09 PM »
sorry to hear that. Just know that if you need to unload some of your burden we are hear to read / listen. We have all experienced our own unravelling due to the loss of a loved one (or more than one), so we have an idea of where you are coming from. In other words, as terrible as it is, it is normal and eventually you will learn to cope with it. Until then, feel free to post whatever you feel.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »
Losing a close loved one breaks the foundations beneath our feet.  Its a scary, often confusing journey. It can feel shaky but new foundations will develop.  Hope you find the forum a support xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline KKB

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 06:38:33 PM »
I find it so hard The he doesn稚 know what has happened and I can稚 talk to him about it.  He was only 51. The pain is so impossible to bear.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »
Yes. It is probably the hardest thing any of us ever has to go through.

Just because he is gone though, doesn't mean you can't still talk to him. I still talk to my mum and dad out loud around the house and when I visit their grave. Actually, it really helps to talk. Talk to him, talk to us. Just because he is gone doesn't mean he can't hear you either and talking will help you too.

People often choose to write a letter to a lost loved one and say all the things they would have liked to say to them if they were still here in it. Others choose to keep a journal or a diary, noting down in  that, all that they are thinking and feeling and that can help too. Writing it down somehow seems to help us release those feelings and emotions. It gives them an outlet and we need that. It's no good holding it all inside.

Fifty-one is no age, so I can imagine that you must be feeling not only sadness and shock, but grief for the life you had together and for the future you should also have had ahead of you. It can make you angry and frustrated to know that your future is changed and the one you relied on to be at your side through your life has been taken from you so soon. All those feelings need to be processed and expressed somehow. You will never make much sense of them, because none of this makes sense. Accidents happen and humans are more fragile than we realise.

Yours is a tragic loss, but you will slowly find a way forward, but you need to help yourself recover and if talking helps, even if you only write down how you feel on paper, it could help you feel better and that is a start.

As time passes, you will find other ways to commemorate his memory, but he will always be with you in your heart and in your memories of him. Love never dies and so, in that sense, you will carry him with you into your future.

Hard as it seems to believe it at the moment, life does go on and you will find a way through this. We are here for as long as you need us.  :hearts:

Offline green dragon

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »
this talking to the loved one about it and just talking to them in general hits home with me as well. I hope you will not take it the wrong way, but I will venture something that has been passed on to me as well. Right now when you are feeling the way you do, it would be best to come up with some strategies for coping such as -

if you want to talk to him, do so. It might feel really weird to begin with, since he is not physically there. But do it anyway - you can do it out loud, just in your head or a combination, depending on how you feel or where you are. What worked for me was to set aside a certain time of the day for talking with Mum. Talk about whatever you feel at the moment. In the beginning I was talking a lot about how I felt, how unbearable, unbelievable etc. the situation felt. Then I moved on to my beliefs regarding the afterlife, such as they were / are = developing. Sometimes I talk to her about things I read or thought about, have seen, that I know she would like. Other times it is about daily life. Sometimes I ask her for protection or advice. Basically it is important to keep a semblance of the routine you had, whatever that was.

work out a belief system of your own, or if you follow some traditional set of beliefs, seek solace in that. It does not have to be something logical, right now the purpose is to make yourself feel like the connection has not been severed. Like others have said, you have been hurt to your core, so right now you need to heal. Later on when you build back your emotional strength, you can go back to logic, in case that is something that is holding you back right now. I know it was in my case. You may also find that even scientific opinions are not particularly clear cut about death. I personally believe that a person is aware at some deep level when they are passing from a state of existence to the other. In any case, science cannot tell you with absolute certainty that they do not know what is going on, because science has so far not worked out just what consciousness is. So you are free to believe what you want / what works for you.

if you have people around that are open to listen, accept their emotional help. Do not isolate yourself, if you can, at this time.

try to distract yourself at least once a day. Give yourself a short break from grieving by continuing with the most mundane routines of your day or have an unrelated chat with someone. I know it feels wrong and impossible, pretty much like a betrayal of him, but think of what he would like for you. He would like you to get better, all good parents want that for their children. He would most certainly not want you to keep suffering.

I found that another thing that keeps the connection alive is to continue doing something I either used to do together with Mum or something she liked to do that I can also do. There must be something like that you can do. Give it a try, see how it works for you.

try not to give in to self blame or regrets. If you had a strong connection, the sum is bigger than the parts. It is more important if he knew you loved and cared for him rather than the details of whatever might have been left undone or done wrongly.

ps - it does get better. It will never go away, but the pain will not be quite as sharp forever,

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
Bless you my dear I remember the early days and the floored feeling. There is nothing wrong with talking to your hubby, I still do and I'm a ways further down the road. I also found keeping a journal very helpful, just letting out what I was feeling, how things were going etc, some days I just scribbled little drawings on the pages. It is such a hard time that all you can do is get through your days and try your best to look after yourself, sleep when you can, eat what you can and try to not spend to much time picking at yourself with 'what if,s' and 'why,s'. Big hugs and pleased you have found this site we are all going through the same here  :hearts: