Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1434 times)

Offline AniB

• New Members
Introducing myself
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:49:40 PM »
Hi,

I find myself here as my husband suddenly passed away 2 months ago and my life changed in minutes.  There was no warning, no signs and no time to say goodbye.  I absolutely adored him and he was the love of my life. I look around me and life goes on as nothing has happened but mine has fallen apart. The grief is so overwhelming. It's just so unfair.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:03:18 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug.  :hug:  Sadly you are not alone and many here will recognize the feelings you describe. It seems impossible that life goes on as normal around you when this cataclysm has destroyed your own world as you know it. The shock of it takes time to recover from and grief takes time to learn to live with, so for now just take care of yourself. Remember to eat and drink enough, even if you don't feel like it, and just take it one day at a time for now. Do whatever helps. For me, that was writing down how I felt about the loss of my loved one, having flowers around to remind me there were still good things in the world and lift my spirits a little and walking in the park, which I found a calming place to sit and try to come to terms with all that had happened. If you can find what helps you a little, make use of that to help you. Getting out of the house does help. Sending strength.  :hearts:

Offline AniB

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
Thank you so much for the hug and kind advice.  I am taking it day by day as that's all I can do.  Friends discuss their plans and future and I sit there listening, acutely aware mine has been snatched away from me. I will try to seek the little positives in life.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »
Over time you will have a different future its really hard to see that now - my husbnad died suddenly nine years ago and the early days was all about just getting from one day to the next i couldnt see the point of my life no-one needed me the kids had all grown up and left i had been his carer after the first stroke i was working but my job wasnt what we would consider a key one -the only point to getting up was looking after our dog and work for a long time.After a while though i decided if there was no point to my life then i should live it for him be his eyes on the world - and that, starting from small things became my way to got into the future not thinking of leaving him behind but of taking him forward with me in some way if not the way i would have wanted.