Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Lycra

Hello
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
This is my first post here. I lost my husband to cancer. This month would have been our thirteenth wedding anniversary and I'm still on the grief rollacoaster.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  the grief rollercoaster is tough, but here you're not alone on it
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Lycra

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:17:31 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome, Emz2014. 

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:46:01 PM »
 :hug:I dont know that we ever really get off it but it gets flatter and calmer eventually.The bumps still come along from time to time and we dont always see them coming but they become more widely spaced out and because we know we have already survived much worse ones we know even when they hit hard and it doesn't feel like it they wont take us under again.
My husband died of a stroke nine years ago it was the second time of being widowed the first time it was also to cancer - there was no where like this place the first time but when i found it this time it became a lifeline for me. 
Being here where we can write -sometimes the things we cant say out loud and knowing everyone here is on the same roller coaster means you are not ever really alone even when it feels you are.