Author Topic: Forum and Chatroom outage  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Forum and Chatroom outage
« on: June 13, 2019, 12:00:03 PM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm so sorry if any of you were trying to get into this forum or our Live Chatroom in the last couple of days and it was downloading a file instead.

This was due to our hosting company updating all their software, and this caused a working part of our site called PHP to go on the missing list lol.

This has been fixed now and everything seems to be running okay.

Once again I'm so sorry if this caused you any stress wondering what was going on, but we all know these updates don't always go to plan as nothing is simple anymore in technology moving forward so fast.

Dave.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Forum and Chatroom outage
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »
Just to add to that Dave, I found that my normal bookmark was still throwing the error, I presume because it was cached, but by Googling "Bereavement Forum log in" and then using the link from the search results I was able to log in again.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
Yes i found that as well George - again it is to do with the PHP -its a piece of code which is designed for the search engines rather than the users and creates more efficient indexing than the traditional "index" page which relied on the user pressing a hyperlink to the page they wanted to visit, so our bookmarks go back to before the updated PHP code was added to the site which means the web address the book mark is linked too is no longer valid - if you bookmark it again now it should work fine again from the new bookmark.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
Yes it's a long time ago now that I had anything to do with developing server side code and even then I was more concerned with sql stuff. Anyway all appears to be well again  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~