Author Topic: Life Without My Brother  (Read 1271 times)

Offline esther e

Life Without My Brother
« on: October 04, 2021, 06:20:35 AM »
Life without my brother is no life at all. There's three things that I can say that keep me here, otherwise there'd be no purpose in my life. Life changed FOREVER when I lost my brother. I'd never think in a million years my brother would be gone, I assumed we'd be together forever. I've failed my brother, you wouldn't understand what I mean by that unless you've felt it too. Maybe one day I can forgive myself, I don't know. Has my brother forgiven me, I don't know. He's gone now and I hope there is this beautiful Heaven like people say so I can see him again. Tell him how much I  love and miss him,hug him, kiss him and never let him go. And ask for forgiveness;
"If Love
Could Have
Saved you,
you would have lived
FOREVER "
Suicide Awareness

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Life Without My Brother
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 07:15:16 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Estherlyse. I don't know the circumstances of your brother's loss, but I would say that it is always hard to know what someone else is thinking or feeling and an untimely loss can leave us thinking we should somehow have known or been aware of the risk, but that is not always possible. And those we love, loving us also, sometimes hide their true feelings, thoughts and intentions more from those closest to them than anyone else because they don't want to hurt or disappoint us. Please don't be to hard on yourself. You may not have known what your brother was going through because that was how he wanted it to be. He will always be with you because he was a part of your life that you will always treasure. He lives on in your memories and will always take up some portion of your heart. Seeing a counsellor might help as talking can really help us understand our own feelings and help us see things another way. Take care of yourself.  :hug: