Author Topic: A message that may help you very much from one of our members.  (Read 8695 times)

Offline Sally M

Re: A message that may help you very much from one of our members.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »
Beautiful words Angela, I'm so sorry for your loss! You see families on tv or read the loss in the papers, but you never think it is going to happen to YOU! But its does and the feeling and pain is undescribeable, I am full of love and admiration for those who have gone through this and come out the other side a strong unit! When my beautiful daughter was found, the pain was unbearable but the feeling of gratefulness that she had been found and we had closure and grieve our loss, out-weighed the pain! We will be eternally grateful to those rescue teams that found her and will do everything possible to help them continue the amazing work they do, but the pain has returned and I am not sure if it is grief or me being selfish as my daughter died doing what she loved most and was so happy.  So why cant I take that happiness she held and make it work for me! We were told by one of the rescurers that, YOU CANNOT GO OVER IT, YOUR CANT GO UNDER IT, YOU CANT GO ROUND IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT! Such wise words.

Offline Keren

• New Members
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »
I found this very helpful.  I am still in the early stages of grief. After a time your are expected to move on, you put on the fake smile and try to busy yourself. I pushed a lot of feelings down and distracted myself in work but with the Covid pandemic I was working from home but it was only a few hours.  The grief began to resurface with such a gush that I was over whelmed and I could not face do anything.  I have began to realise that I should disregard what "people" think and deal with my feelings.

Offline Becca RS

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 11:52:02 PM »
Having just lost my husband and suddenly finding myself a widow at 46 it's good to find a place where i don't have to try. I can just sit in my grief and pain for a bit and that's ok
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:54:37 PM by Becca RS »

Offline Jill

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 08:17:00 AM »
One important thing I have learned is that a lot of people have no clue as to what you are experiencing.  I had absolutely no idea myself until I lost my wonderful husband and therefore before that I'm ashamed to say I gave very little support to people who had lost a very significant and loved one in their life.  People here really do understand whereas in the world out there most of them really don't and can't understand until they lose someone very very important to them, hope this helps others.  Jill

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »
It does certainly help to be able to speak to others who understand. Those who havent, can't quite understand  :hearts:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Ian Haines

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 02:57:20 AM »

Could somebody please start approving posts!?

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »

Could somebody please start approving posts!?

Hi Ian,

I take it you've read this https://www.bereavementuk.co.uk/newforum/index.php?topic=2.0?

TBH I don't know if 3 posts is critical but worth a try if you haven't made 3   :azn:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Ian Haines

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2021, 03:37:11 PM »

Thanks for that.