Author Topic: Six months  (Read 73469 times)

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Six months
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 11:01:45 PM »
Not a bad day today. I made it to Leeds and met a bunch of lovely people. There were drinks and food and chocolate. It doesn't get much better than that.

Got him around eight and had a little sleep. My dog was a bit put out that I'd been out all day and now he won't let me out of his sight.

Yeah. Good day.

Thanks to all who were there.  :smiley:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »
The meets really make a difference dont they hubby :-)  so glad you made it to Leeds xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks Emz

It was nice to be in a place where you feel that you can talk, be quiet or even cry if you want knowing that the people around you will really understand. It really sinks in that you are not alone in the way you feel.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 03:04:40 PM »
It was lovely to meet you yesterday Hubby, i can honestly say i have never been on a meet where everyone wasnt comfortable around each other, im glad you found it beneficial, i can imagine how you felt walking into the room where we were, because it would have been exactly the same as me on my first meet. Hope we can do it again xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »
Was lovely to meet you and a lovely day.My dog used to sulk too.how do they know when you havnt just been at work.He would lie with his back facing and just in case you went paying attention to the fact he was sulking.Very so often glare over his shoulder.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 10:11:23 PM »
Thanks all. It was lovely to meet you all  too.

The friendliness and fun of the meet rolled over to today. I played with the dog in the garden for ages until he forgave me for abandoning him and I managed to get out and do a bit of painting (between clouds) and even felt brave enough to tackle cooking a bit of fresh fish for my tea. It wasn't a patch on what Margaret would have done but it was nice to cook something that didn't come in a packet with instructions.

I've felt quite good all day. I just had a little cry while replying to another post but all told it's another pretty good day.

Hope everyone else had a good one as well.

:cheesy:

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »
Aw Hubby Hugs to you xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
So glad that Leeds gave you a much needed lift!

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I had another pretty good day. I was a bit rushed off my feet in work and will be glad if I can get back on nights. My daughter went to stay at her boyfriends this afternoon so it was an empty house to go back to apart from billy the dog who was really pleased when I turned up. I had a surprise visit from a neighbour who I used to meet a lot dog walking until his dog died and we had a good chinwag and a few coffees. He's a really nice bloke and I've told him to drop in anytime.

Since I'm alone I couldn't be bothered cooking snything special so I pinged a lasagne in the microwave. I chopped a red pepper up and threw it on the top in a vain attempt to stop it looking like a microwave meal for one but the plastic tray wouldn't let me fool myself.

My mother in law popped in for a cuppa and I watched a bit of telly. All that without tears.

Then I decided to have a shave before bed and broke down crying in the bathroom. I guess grief has to get the upper hand every so often. It was only for about twenty minutes and I was ok again. I still have my nightly cry in bed so can't understand why the grief couldn't wait half an hour and had to get out there and then. Then again the bathroom is always a bit of a trigger.

Not a bad day though.

Hope yours has been good.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »
You're like me with micro meals- I do try and cook properly but on the days it's too much it's a micro meal, to fool myself I always have some fresh veggies with it and then I don't feel so bad. :coffeetoast:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
 :hug: grief doesnt wait , it hits you when it choses and often in the most unexpected places too.

I dont mind so much eating the microwave meal for one as buying it - Exposing your whole life to a supermarketful of strangers who will draw right or wrong conclusions without ever speaking.
I think what i have to remember is they wouldnt make them if they didnt sell so there,s a lot of people feeling the same -for whatever reasons. I used to live off them entirely but now try to organise myself -if i make a meal i make enough to freeze some into portions, so i have homemade microwave meals for one, but at least i know whats in them.It also means i can avoid supermarkets for longer.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 11:33:39 AM »
You're so right about the supermarkets Karena- my basket is so obviously a shop for one  basket, makes me feel sad and embarrassed. I also find myself being so much more friendlier to the older single person obviously shopping for one as I totally understand now.

Offline angela33

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
Yes supermarkets are so full of memories and so often I find myself reaching for something that John used to like particularly. It's a minefield for the grief monsters in there.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 11:50:13 AM »
I dont drive but my sister in law takes me on a friday, my shopping done in 10 minutes she shops for a family of four, so im  sat on a bench in the doorway and after 2 years i still feel as if everyone is looking at me and knows im on my own, hate it, but shes the last contact i have with my John xx

:hug:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
So very true Eileen  :hearts: