Author Topic: I was so miffed about waking up this morning!!  (Read 2301 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
I was so miffed about waking up this morning!!
« on: July 29, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »
I bet I'm not the only one it's happened to, just before I woke this morning I was having a wonderful dream. I was curled up in bed having a cuddle with Chris and chatting, whispering in each others ear, no idea about what. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get back to sleep to resume  :azn:  I don't normally like repeats but I wouldn't mind if that one was repeated every night  :grin:

Wouldn't it be nice if you could pre-programme your dreams  :rofl:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Jill

Re: I was so miffed about waking up this morning!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »
 :love:  Hi George,  Yes I know exactly what you mean.  It's so wonderful and you don't want to wake up.  The last time I dreamed about my husband he was sort of prodding my arm, as if to say come on get up and get on with it, it felt so real!  I have had some great dreams about my husband  :heart:  Just keep remembering that dream.  Jill

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:32:03 PM »
I certainly will Jill. Almost 5 years down the line now and the dream was, I suppose, my brain trying to recreate something I miss so badly that I can't put it into words  :cray:

Can't wait for the next instalment, if it's as good  :smiley:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: In some ways it would be good if we could pre programme them, and add our own endings though - not all mine were pleasant - but much more a reflection of the massive guilt i was feeling and those i dont want back.
The one good one i havnt forgotten did kind of promise a next episode So maybe next episodes are better even if we have to wait an un known amount of time for them  - but in between episodes  with any show we move forward a bit and remembering the good dreams along with the good memorys of when they were here is important to help us do that until that next episode is programmed for us.   

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »
It happened again this morning, I was half awake and Chris was snuggled up to my back, I could feel her there and she spoke to me, not sure what she said though  :grin:.  I fought with myself for what seemed like several minutes not to fully wake up but it faded away  :sad:.

It's left a bitter sweet feeling in me all day.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »
 :hug: - i may be disillusion i may be kidding myself  and i dont care there is nothing to lose by it but i take moments like that to be what i think they are at the time they happen - but  i was standing on the harbor wall in our favorite place in Wales watching a dolphin - broad daylight definitely not asleep and a few people around -  my eyes were glued to the sea but then i became aware of feeling some-one standing close behind me - too close for a stranger or even a friend and i could feel a warmth from them - and that's how we often stood me leaning on him as we watched. I didn't want to look away from the dolphin because i didn't want to break the spell or for the moment to end - and it wasn't something i would have felt if it was some-one else it was the opposite i would have been very uncomfortable with someone so close and would have turned round, but i just stood there and kept my eyes on the dolphin because some instinct made me realize it was something i should grasp while i could  - and when the dolphin moved away so did the warmth behind me  - logic came back i didn't want to turn round and see it could have been someone else,  but at the same time i needed to know, so i turned round and still managed to be surprised when  there was no -one any where near  close enough to where i was standing they had all moved down to the other end of the wall. On the one hand i was disappointed of course because whoever or whatever had happened was gone  but on the other it was something that  was special and i wouldn't have missed for the world however fleeting  - dreams like yous do end no matter how we try to cling too them but whether logical or not, waking or not  i think we should embrace them.They are a short blessing but a blessing nevertheless.  :hug: