Author Topic: What's wrong with people nowadays?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
What's wrong with people nowadays?
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:08:51 PM by GHOST »

Offline Jackie - Richard

Re: What's wrong with people nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 06:23:50 AM »
Laird...Brian..
...my name is Jackie, I am 68, and recency lost my partner of 20 years Richard age 74, seven months ago, I found him dead in his armchair...I miss him terribly and have cried every day...
Yes reading your post shocks me and disheartens me of our UK society how uncaring some people can be..that is-was a terrible and shameful way to treat this lady...It has warmed my heart to know she had a good one on meeting you on that day...people as kind and caring as you go up in my estimate, sadly there are not many of you in this day and age...
Just an added note, I was born in Haymarket Scotland but i am not Scottish...

Jackie..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:30:26 AM by Jackie - Richard »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
You did the right thing Brian and the other womans attitude was wrong -  :hug:i used to help out a friend who has an art shop over the xmas "dickensian weekends" one year three ladies came in - one of them wasnt looking too happy so we got her a chair - the other two left her there and went off to look round - for five hours - she had come on a coach trip with then -discovered the walk from the car park was too much let alone trailing round all day - and yes she was indoors, but it is a shed not a nice cosy studio so it wasnt warm at all -so we made her more comfortable and went out to get her some food -we had a habit of buying hot ginger wines and lacing them with rum from a bottle under the counter - so i went home and got some blankets - came back with hot food and an extra ginger wine -then offered the rum which she was only too happy to accept (several times over by the time she left  :rofl: )  - The "friends" came back and by then she had told us her life story and seemed happy enough - they on the other hand were  grumpy - everything was too exepnsive/crowded/they had to queue for hours just to get a cup of tea moan moan moan - what a waste of money (it happens a lot but they still come back the following year)  i looked over at our lady and she was shaking with laughter - oh dear she said, face aglowing -  well i have had a lovely day - their faces were a picture  - but the thing is so had we had a lovely day, because she was so lovely, and we had such a laugh with her so it isnt just sad that people  cant even show basic kindness but that they cant see the reward in it - kindness doesnt have to be for rewarded at all  of course,  but it brings a different reward, not money not self esteem, just knowing you helped some-one is enough.
WE should never loose that by behaving like those who will never have it.
There is nothing wrong with having a melt down in the woods or anywhere and you know it isnt the place that creates it, -  so dont ever give up your wild wonderings Brian they are a part of you - you lost a massive part of you when Ruth died -dont punish yourself by losing more. :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 08:48:39 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:09:51 PM by GHOST »

Offline Jackie - Richard

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 06:17:36 AM »
Brian...
... I am a Hertfordshire - Bedfordshire person and I definitely do not belong here in Dorset... this is not my home, nor was it my Richards...
...We have cows around us, I live way down in the valley, very scenic but not practical for me, with no car, re, my MS...hence the reason of wanting to head back towards home, i will do my utmost best to make this happen, this is where my Richards ashes are, back home in Bedfordshire with his brother and parents, i owe my Richard this as i had taken him away from the-our home that he-we were at our happiest in, all because of my MS diagnoses, i just keep beating myself up as to why oh why did i move so far away, to a place neither of us had any connection with, and to a place i thoroughly am now regretting, and why did i take my Richard away from his family, his friends of 40 years, and his fishing and his golf...he was not happy here in Dorset but was never a complainer, very laid back and accepted life on a day to day basis, never worrying about the future, he was 100% devoted to me, 100% reliable, 100% a provider from the old fashioned breed-mold...

I am fining it hard reading members tiny print...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:30:13 AM by Jackie - Richard »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »
 :hug:
I love the sea i can look at it all day i love the place in wales we should have gone  -yet i wonder how i would have survived there on my own if we had  - at least here its familiar turf  - so i understand why you want to go back home - but dont blame yourself for moving  how can we ever know whether the grass is greener without jumping the fence and trying it - if it turns out not to be then we appreciate much more our own field - but if we dont try it then we always wonder what it would have been like and maybe always spend so much  time looking longingly over the fence we dont see what is around and never feel content with where we are.

Offline SarahB

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »

I recently lost my Mum and lost my job a year previous to that so am very stressed and tearful on most days. Someone in work actually said to me that I 'must have been a very bad person in a previous life' to deserve these things.  :cray:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 01:08:20 PM »
The reply to that is simple - if there was a previous life then you must have proved that you were some-one who is very caring and loving not some-one who did bad things but did good, and were rewarded by being born in this life to parents who were also very special,  and caring for them as they moved on to the next was a privilege granted to you for that previous good life - Karma doesn't reward bad people with good things - i actually mean that - but with other people who come out with glib statements they don't really think through,it also makes them think a bit more about what they said. :hug: