Author Topic: Does anybody have NETFLIX?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re: Does anybody have NETFLIX?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »
Now watched the full 1st series and loved it and bloody hell it was like a fly on the wall at my place, right down to dark glasses to hide red eyes and even the flash backs to happier times.....he's got it spot on and some great characters who are all very alike in different ways if you haven't watched it you have missed a real treat. I can see how why you were upset George......cheers for recommending it. ps His dog is a beauty and very well trained.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »
I had another look at it today Brian based on your earlier post. I don't think I've seen the latest series but just at the moment I don't have the 'courage' to watch it although I would still recommend it to anyone in our position who can steel themselves to it. A couple of minutes and I had to switch off  :cray:. Four and a half years down the line now and I'm still hurting like the blazes  :rolleyes:.

It sounds as if you're becoming what my family have accused me of being - "a hermit" :azn:. They used to keep trying everything to get me out of the house but now I've got a legit excuse for not going out. I get through audiobooks at a great rate and being a man (we can only think of one thing at a time) it takes my mind off my bleaker thoughts at least for a while.

Anyway keep enjoying your wildlife, and stay healthy.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
A
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:42:17 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »
Glad you have found something to focus on Brian - exactly never give up. .  i am working from home but finding it very difficult to concentrate - there are more interesting distractions in the garden and there is a houseful - grandson was living here doing his gcse stuff  when lock down began so is still here even though there will be no exams now - and familly arrived from south africa two hours before lock down - so much pressure on the internet - which keeps kicking me out as my room is so far from the hub -and instead of my nice big graphics screen i have a poxy tiny thing and am working on a side table and dining chair but i have met deadlines so i guess its fine.

I lost a friend the week before last - not to corona virus - she just keeled over with a brain hemorrhage while out on a walk by the river with her husband  it seems while so many are dying of one thing to be even more of a shock when something like that happens although i am not sure why.
No one allowed to the funeral of course except for immediate family - husband and 3 daughters -  but they did bring her home then round the village square - everyone had put flowers there and stood 2 metres apart along the route -which was as much as we could do.

still not got netflix but have heard a lot of good comments about the second series.

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:42:45 PM by GHOST »