Author Topic: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep  (Read 21670 times)

Offline Kes1968

Re: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »
I’ve been spending time with him all day, reminiscing, do you think they can pick up on things? He’s not eaten or drunk barely anything all day 😢😢😢😢

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »
I have been crying most of the day 😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭 ,am going to be a total basket case tomorrow 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »
Have you got a friend who will understand who can come with you and then spend some time with you afterwards?  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »
No but I prefer to go on my own, thought I’ve had offers to go with me from a close friend and her husband, and my friend Alice is going to phone me later , my neighbour offered to accompany me but I don’t know her that well though it was a kind gesture. I can’t explain it but it’s something I want to do on my own. We’re going there for 4 now and the reception lady was so kind on the phone. She’s moved the appointment as it means we won’t be sitting waiting too long . She spent ages talking to me on the phone, she was very kind and reassuring, I can pick his ashes up next Tuesday, they will organise the individual cremation and box etc. I’m going to send the lady at Felt finesse some ashes and a picture so she can make the heart and sculpture and I’m going to ask for a lock of his hair
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:37:22 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
Strangely enough I feel quite calm at the moment, I think I’ve reconciled myself to the decision, I can’t vouch for the state I’ll be in later but I know it’s the right decision and it would be unfair to keep him in the state hes in. He’ll be at peace.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
 :hug: i hope he continues to improve - In his last year or so mine didnt want to go out for walks but i am fortunate to have a garden so he would quite hapilly amble round there at his own pace.Parting with them is really hard i still miss him two years on,he was my reason to get up after my husband died -i havnt got another i dont think i will now - but i have other peoples dogs when theyre on holiday -so not entirely pooch free. 

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
Came back from the vets after having Harry put to sleep, one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, will miss him so much but he’s at peace now and I have lots of happy memories to look back on and treasure, I’m picking up his ashes next Tuesday

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:12 PM »
S
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 06:24:05 PM by GHOST »

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:54 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments, no I don’t think that’s weird at all, ( talking to them etc and keeping them). I’ve opted for Harry to have an individual cremation and I’ve chosen a sweet little urn, pewter with silver coloured paw print 🐾, he’s being collected from the vets today ( Tuesday and they’re going to phone me next Tuesday to let me know when I can pick up his ashes to bring them home) I’ve also got his collar and some hair from his ears, front paw and his back to put with the ashes xxx
It was very quick the way he went and the vet was so kind, I couldn’t have asked for a more peaceful passing for him. I’ll miss him but I know I did the kindest thing for him xxx. They let me pay for the euthanasia and the cremation/ urn while I was in the room with him and then let me out via the back entrance so I wouldn’t have to go back through the shop, they were so kind xx
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:54:30 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »
Sending you a hug  :hug:   Has brought tears to my eyes as I recall saying goodbye to my 3 and can imagine how you're feeling

:candle: Harry xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
Sending you a hug  :hug:   Has brought tears to my eyes as I recall saying goodbye to my 3 and can imagine how you're feeling

:candle: Harry xx
Thanks Emz xxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry about my previous post i had somehow missed a page and only read to where he was seemingly getting better. (teach me to try doing this on my phone)
Also sorry that you had to make that brave decision. :hug:

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
:hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry about my previous post i had somehow missed a page and only read to where he was seemingly getting better. (teach me to try doing this on my phone)
Also sorry that you had to make that brave decision. :hug:

That’s ok karena, I’ve done similar myself, he did seem to pick up a little but in the past week or so his back legs were bad and he was hardly eating or drinking much, especially in the past couple of days. It’s horrible without him but I somehow have to get myself together and try to move forward. He was suffering, and it was heartbreaking to see him in that state.

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
I don’t know if I can bear coming home to an empty house 😢😢😢 I know I said I wouldn’t get another dog, ever but I hate the emptiness, I know it’s too soon yet but I can see myself with another dog before too long

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about Harry but you have done the right thing for both of you as you were getting upset seeing him poorly, I am totally useless at vets on these occasions and Ruth was always the brave one to actually be there in the end, our vet used to let people either pay early or later so they could go home quicker. take care of yourself and always remember he will be with you always. I have the ashes for 3 dogs and a cat plus Ruth and her mum and sister all in a spare bedroom as it gives me somewhere to place flowers.....I know it sounds daft but i chat to them all while me and Rory are sorting the washing out etc .....some people think I'm a bit weird having them all here but they are here where they belong.

What breed is Rory? He looks like a sweet little chap xx