Author Topic: I look in every day but find it hard to post.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
I look in every day but find it hard to post.
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »
Four and a quarter years 'down the line' and a daily visit to the BUK forum has become part of my daily routine  :smiley:.

Thank goodness for the three stalwarts who keep things going.

Several times I've started a reply to a new member and then run out of the right words. A big hug for every new member to whom I would have liked to offer some sympathy and comfort but failed  :smiley:  :hug:

I just finished listening to an audiobook by Alexander McCall Smith "The good pilot peter woodhouse". It's a war time love story which was particularly appropriate to me as my mum was german. Right at the very end two of the characters were talking and a question was posed, "Is it possible to go on loving someone long after they have gone?". They came to the correct conclusion by the way  :smiley:

Chris would not have believed that I was listening to books of that genre  :azn:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I look in every day but find it hard to post.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »
 :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
 :hug:When you do have something to say it is always worth saying though, and that is really important so keep calling in - and actually the everyday chat section really needs a boost now and then - and if any of us can do that it is you because you always have something interesting to say,- so thankyou for your quiet support, Chris would be very proud of that - even if also amazed at your change in reading genre.

I have just started a book called "Dumped actually"  - its a comedy but it starts with the narrator of the story,  a blokes bloke,  watching and enjoying the film love actually with his girlfriend who then dumps him as he makes a very public proposal with a band and all - so he writes an article called "dumped actually" for the failing website he works on - it goes viral and people respond sending in how they got dumped and how they made themselves feel better - so the editor now wants a series and wants him to try do these sugested things and write up about them - reply one sugested a makeover by - lazlo - which it turns out means waxing - so while  i,m not sugesting you do that - it perhaps just shows how a change in direction in one aspect of your life - reading/watching romance - can lead you down some unexpected roads and i,m sure as i read on they wont all be quite so eye wateringly - erm funny - for me but perhaps not for him though.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »
(snip)lazlo - which it turns out means waxing - so while  i,m not sugesting you do that

If you saw me you certainly wouldn't suggest it. I'm only one step removed from a gorilla so they'd have to import wax in industrial quantities. Hair - the bane of my life!!   :rofl:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:- I Wouldnt brave it myself so i wouldnt expect anyone else too.Since the waxing he tried camping - being at one with nature - that isnt going well either - but i like doing that so probably wouldnt be running away in panic  from a deer.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 12:18:19 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes and kind words, George. Like you, I look in most days, can't always think of something helpful to say, but that's not always the point anyway, is it. For me, when I first came here, "hello, thinking of you", was a help in itself and a weight off my shoulders to know others understood and that made me feel less alone. So don't worry about not always having words. Being there and letting someone know you are is enough. It is good to know we are all here for one another and still helps even a few years down the road.  :hearts: