Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1401 times)

Offline bob dee

Hello everyone
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:25:51 AM »
Hi my name is Bob and I lost my partner 2 months ago.  She is a real trooper when diagnosed with Terminal Cancer in 2017.  She went through a major operation and was doing so well through the different types of Chemo she was having, nevermind the mental struggles that go with it also.  I am missing her so much.  Also while I am dealing with my girlfriends passing 2 days ago my mother passed away due to Covid, she was 80 years old.

I am sitting in work typing this as I am feeling now that I am falling if that makes sense.  I have been offered support groups by my doctor but always feel its not for me, but now I feel i need some support.  As we all know the emotions we are feeling are so unreal and I am praying that talking with others will help in even a small way.  :hearts: 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  Coping with one significant loss is hard, I cant imagine managing two losses along with the pandemic. Personally I found the forum helped me, somewhere where others understood what I was going through, somewhere I could be honest and not feel alone. I hope the forum helps you too. It's very flexible - whether you want to use it to write a diary (which can help when looking back over older posts and realising the progress you have made, or posting with a particular item in mind, or just when you need to chat)

I found taking things day by day helped me, on hard days not looking too far ahead helped. Its a gradual journey, step by step  :hearts:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »
Hi and welcome - i think losing them close together like that is really difficult as the person who would have supported you most has also gone which  just brings that home even more if that were possible.
I came here after losing my husband - my GP did find 1 to 1 bereavement counseling for me which also helped but i didnt think it would before i went. But group support face to face was not an option as my social anxiety had gone through the roof  -but being here and being able to write was different and really helped a lot. before covid we did meet up sometimes as we made real friends in this virtual world here and that helped too because it felt like that, and not like having to put on a face in front of total strangers.I hope you will find the same here - we will be here as long as you need us to be.   :hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »
I'll just add my own hello and welcome to that from Emz and Karena Bob. At two months you'll still be in a daze but you are so right when you say that talking helps.

When Chris died in our local hospice, I was lucky that one of the outworkers visited me at home and almost forced me to join a support group that they were running. Being together with a group of people where it was perfectly OK to cry, laugh, rant or just sit quietly was a strange experience at first but it worked for me and got me through a very difficult time.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~