Author Topic: Good evening and hello  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Nice2bNice

Good evening and hello
« on: November 24, 2020, 10:38:58 PM »
Hello, my name is Gordon, I'm struggling after losing my partner Sara in May of this year, since then I have been lost, muddling through as most will know and wishing this had never happened to her.
I'm hoping by joining a group I can learn to manage my grief and better myself with the help and support we will give and receive from each other.
She was only 47, 6 yrs my junior. Myself, our teenage son, her mum and our 2 dogs were left wondering why when she walked over the rainbow to a life without hurt.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Good evening and hello
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  I found the forum really helped me during my journey, I hope you find it helps you too.

Its certainly a rollercoaster journey, and especially challenging around the festive period. I know we have many members who have lost their partners and will understand  :hearts:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »
welcome to the forum - i found this place after my husband died - and it helped a lot in part because it was somewhere i could write down feelings i couldnt express aloud and partly because of the support from others here.We are all left with many questions and emotions and sometimes just recognizing others are on this same roller coaster journey we dont want to be on and what we are feeling doesnt mean we are going mad or "not grieving properly" also makes a difference.  :hug:

Offline Nice2bNice

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words, I shall try to be as interactive as I can though please let me find my feet as I navigate this forum.
Kind regards. Gordon
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:17:24 PM by Nice2bNice »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:40:25 PM »
Good evening Gordon,

I'm just over 5 years down the line now and the forum has been my life saver on many occasions, it's knowing that no matter what you're going through, you're with others who understand and it's a place that you can 'unload'. I wish you strength for the times ahead.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~