Author Topic: New to the Group, broken, sad and devastated  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Cranger

New to the Group, broken, sad and devastated
« on: August 18, 2019, 10:49:48 AM »
Lost my soul mate, husband for 35 years 6 weeks ago. He collapsed and died in front of me.

Gave him CPR for 10 minutes before Paramedics arrived.
Not sleeping, missing him terribly. Don’t want to be here anymore. Just want to be with him. Heart is breaking

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to the Group, broken, sad and devastated
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 12:42:24 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. It is so hard to bear such a close loss, especially when it occurred in such a shocking way.  :hug: I hope some of our lovely members here may be able to help you at this terrible time. Sending you a huge hug and lots of sympathy.  :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 10:51:13 AM »
 :hug: I lost my husband too a stroke 8 years ago - those early days after were the most awful ever and like you i didnt want to be here. Its a roller coaster journey and not one any of us wanted to be on - and it took a long time to even think there was any kind of future for me, but gradually i have built a life - i still miss him and it isnt the life i planned or wanted but it is very much worth living. It started by me thinking if i couldn find a reason to live it for myself then i should live it for him as his was so cruelly taken from him.Despite all the pain and lonliness of this journey, and the times i coudnt see an end to that, or the days when i couldnt see him  through the black clouds of despair that followed me everywhere, i do very much feel now that he is somehow still with me pushing me forward but just in a different way.

Offline Charlotte

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »
My husband collapsed in my arms 2 months ago, totally unexpectedly and died 2 hours later on the operating table. The loneliness is almost unbearable, but life is worth living, it really is. I wish you courage, hope and the support of loved ones. I weep at work and I weep on the train going home, but we owe it to our loved ones to carry on.

Charlotte

Offline mac

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
Lost my soul mate, husband for 35 years 6 weeks ago. He collapsed and died in front of me.

Gave him CPR for 10 minutes before Paramedics arrived.
Not sleeping, missing him terribly. Don’t want to be here anymore. Just want to be with him. Heart is breaking

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You are naturally desperately grieving but your husband's awfully traumatic passing must also have devastated you.  To help you get you some rest and sleep would you consider asking your GP for a short-term sleep aid? 

You may be reluctant to taking pills, and they are not a long-term solution, but they may help get you back on your feet.