Author Topic: Trying hard  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Janlmb

Trying hard
« on: September 27, 2019, 08:43:40 PM »
My husband died on 20th August.  We had been together for 36 years.  Now that the funeral is over and everyone is getting on with their own life, as they should, I am trying to be positive and one of the things that i am doing is making sure that I go for at least one walk a day.  Not difficult as I have two dogs.  When out I try to notice what has changed since I last took notice.  For example the trees are just tinting now as autumn starts to take hold.  It seems to help.   

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Trying hard
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »
Having dogs helps so much.  :hearts:  I think Autumn helps too, so much change happening around in nature giving us things to notice and watch
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 06:36:03 PM »
I think pets always help Jan. I find looking at the natural world around me does too. I walk in the park and find it calming, even though it is now almost two years on from my most recent loss. Nature is a calming influence and a comforting one. You are doing well. I think you just have to take each day as it comes.

Thinking of you. :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 10:57:51 AM »
I agree i think the combination of dogs and walking and nature are great healers.

Offline Janlmb

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
 Thank you all for your replies.  I am trying really hard and hope time will make things easier.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 10:43:38 AM »
 :hug: it is a roller coaster of a journey -but in the end time will help and the accute pain will ease - we learn to live with grief and pick up life again in the end. meanwhile keep looking at nature on those walks because i found even in the middle of a black winter those images helped me get through.

Offline Janlmb

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 04:24:06 PM »
Thank you I will certainly try. 

Offline Buttercup

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:33 PM »
What a positive post, well done for you for having such a beneficial and rewarding target for each day 👍 also agree, our furbabies are such a comfort ♥
Trying to get thru, one day at a time 💔