Author Topic: Do you ever wonder?  (Read 8309 times)

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
Re: Do you ever wonder?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
Brian, we knew for about 16 months. I sometimes feel that those months were for us overshadowed by the knowledge of what was to come. I think the truth is that human nature being what it is, we tell ourselves that the alternative would have been better, sort of 'the grass is always greener'.

I lose track of what I've read and where  :rolleyes: but someone said they can't look at photos and that struck a chord with me. I've forced myself to put some photos of Chris up but every time I look I well up and my throat knots up.

You are probably right of course,  the irony in my wife's case was that she was in excellent health right up until her last couple of weeks without a hint of what was awaiting us.  I suppose I'm thinking that had we known,  I'd have spent a fortune seeing the places in the world we wanted to go to but never did.  We were already well travelled, even to Australia for a month,  but there were still a few places on our bucket list we never managed to tick off.   However as you rightly say would it have made any difference..maybe not.

I can look at photographs now,   TBH, photo's themselves are not so much the issue,  but looking at photographs do set your mind thinking about things, maybe going back in time remembering the good times you had,  and it's those thoughts and thinking about her that chokes you up and starts me off.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 05:20:10 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »
In time Brian,remembering those good times will make you smile rather than cry,because you will be happy that you had them.
We didn't have a bucket list as such,but I created one from the conversations about where we would like to go,what we would like to do,and set about doing them for both of us.A couple of them were not things I would have done,but would have waited for him feet firmly on the ground,so I have pushed myself out of my comfort zone.Of course its not the same on your own,but the planning gives you focus and actually travelling alone is something I,ve got used too.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »
I do a lot of travelling on my own now Karena,  mainly long car journey's, well some are anyway.  As I mentioned in one of the topics I'm up the top end of Scotland shortly for 9 nights away,  and I drive down to Spain in October for a couple weeks though having some company occupying that passenger seat would have been nice, as it can get a little lonely by oneself..  I was up there about 3 months ago for 8days, and I enjoyed it to some extent,  but it's no longer the same of course, and AIS it can be lonely.   I have  a lot of meals out when away from home, and indeed even at home I eat out a lot,  but it's not so enjoyable on your own....maybe with time it will become easier, and I will get more used to it....we don't really have much choice. :sad:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:38:10 PM by Brian71 »