Author Topic: Hi to all  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Dennis

• New Members
Hi to all
« on: October 20, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
Before I post I'd like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Dennis and I live in Harrow, NW London. I lost my wife to cancer on July 5th and after consulting my doctor yesterday she passed on a few links for support. I'll post my feelings soon after the introduction. Thanks all.............x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi to all
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dennis  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi to all
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 02:43:50 PM »
 :hug: sending you a warm welcome post whenever you are ready.
We are all at different stages of this nightmare journey and it helps to have somewhere to write and share with people on  the same journey but we are also about  more than just writing your feelings about your grief sometimes they are so complex its difficult to think let alone write  about them so we are also about sharing other things too the day to day general stuff we would have shared with the people we are grieving for which is why we have a general chat section Others here have found starting a diary here useful too -as it is a roller coaster journey one day we feel dreadful another we might feel a bit better and writing down the better ones also gives us something to look back on when the dark clouds descend again and in looking back then, we can cling to knowing there can be better days if that makes any sense.
I came here after my husband died and used the diary section to write letters too him.