Author Topic: FEEL GUILTY  (Read 6698 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: FEEL GUILTY
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 11:01:38 AM »
Hmm what i didnt mention was the wet suit wasnt as waterproof as i imagined - being somewhat height challenged and having tried one for surfing in the past i know the legs of the full length ones are too long and create norah batty lookalike legs but more seriousely also add bouyancy to your ankles, which isnt where you want it, and they are a nightmare to get on and off so i went for a short one - when i say short its below the knee on me - but unfortunately that means the wide bit which would be most other peoples thighs is loose on me -I fell over getting into the kayak  :rolleyes: and the water just ran in - so while its fine for keeping me warm kayaking i dont think i will be wearing it for snorkleling. :rofl:

keep holding up those cards and keep looking for new ones.  :hug:   

Offline Jill

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »
Well Karena,  I am finding it difficult to stay miserable with this image of you in your huge wet suit falling into the kayak!!  It was worth it though.  There is an adorable little baby bird in our front porch.  The door is wide open but he is not clever enough to find his way out yet.  I have heard the expression 'roller coaster' on here and I understand what that means, some days I am thinking of ending it all and other days are definitely better.  But refusing to dwell on the bad things now.  Good day today, so far! Jill

Offline Jill

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »
Karena  Just ignore that bit about ending it all, I am not really seriously thinking along those lines so just scrub that bit of my message.  Getting back on track a bit now really.  Just thought I had better say that!  Stupid thing to put. Jill

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »
 :hug:not stupid at all Jill the idea about this place is to be able to say things you cant say elsewhere -and i remember days like that as well, i hope today will be a better one for you. You are more than welcome to send me a PM (private messaging facility ) if you are worried about putting something on here though. 

Are the parents feeding the baby bird still -at least in the porch he may be safer from predators,but if the parents are not around maybe put some food out for him and water just a shallow saucer so he doesnt drown in it -either small seeds or get some of those dried mealworms but break them up and soak them before you give it too him they can choke on them - you can get live mealworms but thats not something my stomach can cope with - a bit like living with a fishing enthusiast and opening the fridge to find your best tuppaware has live bait maggots in there.  :shocked:

I laughed at myself with the Kayak thing as well -to be fair the day before we had all amused ourselves watching some guy trying to retreave his boat from the mud at low tide - with a normal car not 4x4 that apparently he couldnt reverse down the ramp in the normal way, and a distinct lack of get the boat on the trailor skills so it was only karma that i would do something embarasing as well.

Offline Jill

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »
Hi Karena,  Dare I say "I am having a great day"!!  All very good things happening at the moment, long may it continue.  The little bird did find its way out, I thought it would eventually if I just left it alone.  It was a little chiff chaff.  Really cute, glad it got out okay.  Sounds like that holiday was really good.  My step grandchildren saw some dolphins this summer in Devon, they were thrilled.  All the best Jill

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 04:29:41 PM »
 :hug: I have had those days too Jill, seems quite natural on the journey. Its definitely a rollercoaster, with lots of ups and downs, but like karena said the forum is somewhere we can feel safe to open up about those feelings, and have support on the low days as well as the better days
 :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 06:52:20 PM »
Good for you Jill! I may not have much to contribute here, but I have kept up with the thread and am so glad to get the impression that you are in the main bearing up and fighting off the grief monster as much as you can! It's hard, but great to stay positive and remember that you are still alive and have a life to lead. Roller-coaster is right, but equally, that means that you know that for every dip, there will be a high again. Keep going!  :hug: