Author Topic: Facebook friend request  (Read 6027 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Facebook friend request
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
partidge isnt very big at all -certainly not as big as a peasant -  i resuced him in September but a colleague whose parents have experience of rescue birds kept him until his wing healed - because i had Rufus staying at the time and they were not compatable in the house (lol) - so he is back today in temporary housing in Rufus,s crate in the conservatory (no chance it will get too hot in this weather, but i will leave the door open just in case - and the chicken coop arrives today - the idea is i will insulate it a bit better as i build it this coming weekend, - then he can go in there until early spring to harden him up a bit and cut down human contact to just putting food in but food he will find in the wild and will have to forage for in the chicken pen -  so when the shooting season is over  i will release him in the woods - where theyre not allowed to shoot - then get a couple of chickens for the coop - alternatively if i dont think he will be able to cope in the wild again wild again -i might get a couple of quail for company and keep him theyre about the same size or bantum chickens which can also be pretty small  - the problem is they only sell  adultish partridge in ready established pairs so getting more partridge isnt going to work well for him so i would rther he goes to the woods and finds some friends i know there are usually a few shoot refugees in there and its an excuse to go walk in there more regually and leave some corn around for them - provided the pheasants dont get it first. :rofl: 

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:52 AM »
Will get back to you later but meanwhile here's the only Partridge photo i have taken when one appeared in the field next to my home, is yours a Red Legged Partridge?

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 09:52:40 PM »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:31:18 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 10:19:59 AM »
He was a bit naughty yesterday - but a bit more settled today - the dog crate is on a table so he can see out of the window now and seems to have developed a fascination for watching the other birds on the feeders so maybe better now he isnt so bored and its the same view he will get from the coop eventually so will be familiar  - wish i could just let him go in the garden so he would be able to come back to the feeders - but its too risky from neighbours cats and too many roads and probably too many people who would see him as dinner. :rofl: