Author Topic: Loss of my husband  (Read 989 times)

Offline PENNY BADHAM

Loss of my husband
« on: February 01, 2020, 03:26:32 PM »
My name is penny I lost my husband on 23 December in the most cruel and horrible way whilst out with friends I cannot cope with the way that he died we were together for 43years my heart is broken and I see no future for me

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of my husband
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 05:42:47 PM »
Sending you a big welcome hug  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:32:32 PM »
Hello Penny, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Also sending you a welcome hug.  :hug:

This is all still very recent for you and I am not surprised that you feel the way you do. I am sure you are still struggling with the impact of the shock and the sudden change this terrible event has wrought in your life and you must be missing him so much. You do have a future, but it is probably too early for you to be able to see or envisage how you will be able to move forward from this yet, but move forward you will, in time.

All you can do for now is look after yourself and be thankful for the time you did have with him. I am sure he has left you with many precious memories and in the times ahead, these will help support you through your future; a treasure trove of wonderful days gone by. You will always miss him, I know, but you will carry your love for him in your heart always and he will still be there for you to hear in your head, when you need advice. You will know what he would have said.

There are things that help. I found keeping a daily record of how I was feeling and what I was thinking helpful. It helped get those feelings out of my system and helped me understand them better. I also put together an album of favorite photos and took walks in the park, where I could sit and try to come to terms with all that had happened and learn to accept it.

Talk to us here if it helps. You will always find someone who will understand what you are feeling and be able to offer some kind of helpful advice, or just emphathise.

Wishing you well.  :hearts:

Offline Lilah

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »
Beyond this world Infinity and Eternity lie
Planets, stars and moons rise and fall
But the love in human hearts and souls
Is the most wondrous thing of all
And souls never die
You will love each other in Eternity and Infinity