Author Topic: Support for one another.  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Support for one another.
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
Now that some of us have looked around this new unfamiliar board and sussed how it works, I think it's the time now for the genuine support we are so good at to begin here now. So please make a new topic post in this part of the forum so we can offer you the caring support and comfort you came to BUK for.  :hug:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Carol

• New Members
Re: Support for one another.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »
Can I just say this is such a marvellous site.  I`m not one for "opening up" easily but just reading others` experiences makes me feel not so alone and so many of them strike a chord.  I can`t read too many at one go as I start to cry but thank you for being here.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sending hugs. 
Penny x

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
Can I just say this is such a marvellous site.  I`m not one for "opening up" easily but just reading others` experiences makes me feel not so alone and so many of them strike a chord.  I can`t read too many at one go as I start to cry but thank you for being here.

That's a lovely thing for us all to hear Carol and what it's all about, so thank's for that.

In time you will become stronger and less healing tears will have to fall when you read and write your posts that I promise.

Stay with us Carol we are all here for you every step of the way.  :smiley:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:32 PM »
 sending :hug: to you carol, we will be here for you when or if you want to talk more and we are here for you now when you dont.

Offline Soleil

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:49 PM »
Hello Hubby,

So sorry for this sudden loss. I, like the others cannot form words that can give you comfort but just know this is a wonderful and supportive site.  My sleep was getting worse and worse over time so I had to get a little help with 1/2 a sleeping pill. I try to go a night or two and take melatonin and if I can nap during the day, make up for sleep- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's easier to do if you aren't working though.

You are at the very beginning and it will be just a roller coaster. You'll never know what sets you off so just go with it. Grief really takes charge of every emotion.  I'm at a stage of dealing with some anger which can rear it's head just before going to bed so after pacing and muttering a few nasty words under my breath or pounding a pillow, I am fully charged and cannot sleep but it just comes over me, we have no real control.

By the way, my poor dog just pins back his ears when I rant- I think he used to wonder what the heck was wrong with his mostly even tempered owner but now he seems to just take me in stride. I have a quote from a book "In grief we often have a deep well of different emotions occurring at the same time, which is what makes grief confusing."   Take care of yourself :hug: - sorry don't know why it is underlined.