Author Topic: 23rdApril  (Read 3776 times)

Offline BT

23rdApril
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »
Hello, feeling low.  It is 4months ago tonight since I lost my mum. Prior to the phone call my dad did to tell me that my mum had collapsed I was having a Chinese which I usually enjoy but that night I didn't like the taste and I also had a great pain in my back then after the phone rang the pain in my back disappeared and my partner drove me to my parents.   They were working on my mum after she had a heart attack in the lounge.   I sat in the dining room with my partner and brother.   We followed the ambulance to the hospital.  Sat in a side room, then was seen by a doctor the next time I saw my mum she was on a ventilator oh how I hoped.   The doctor said that night that they would fit a pacemaker.  Great I could live with that as long as I got mum back.  Alas after the weekend of sedation my mum was not responding lik she should be when being brought off it.  My mum was slowly leaving us and I was couldn't string a sentence together.  Then on the 23rd April my mum slipped away.  Sorry if it seems garbled. 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 23rdApril
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:06:52 PM »
Sending a hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:02 PM »
Sending :hug:  It's hard when your having a down day.  Tomorrow is a new day and I hope it's kinder to you. xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
I understand how hou must feel after your loss. My wife was rushed into hospital and, like you, I was given hope before it was all snatched away. Losing her so quickly without a proper chance to say our goodbyes is something I doubt I will ever fully be able to take in.

Four months is no time at all. There will be many low days to come but it will get easier.

Take care

:hug:

Offline BT

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:49:15 PM »
Yes hubby the week in hospital was like a roller coaster of emotions.  Thankyou for your words of comfort.   

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
I hope you had a better day today.

Offline Joann

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
Hi BT, I too lost my Mum in similar circumstances. Sending you lots of  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.