Author Topic: Anyone else done anything like this?  (Read 5236 times)

Offline angela33

Anyone else done anything like this?
« on: August 10, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
Today I thought I was having an ok/good enough day until I got home from visiting hairdresser, walking dog, talking to people out walking their dogs etc etc. Got home and out of car, and next door neighbour came to chat and burst out laughing, saying, Angela, do you realise you've got your top on inside out??  It wasn't hugely obvious, except for the seams being on the outside, the label being on the outside etc but I simply hadn't looked at myself when I went out.  This is sooooo out of character to not look properly put together, so either grief is weirder than I thought or Alzheimers has decided to put in an appearance!!!! Although I'm making a bit of a joke of it, it did worry me too as it shows the level of not being there-ness that I am living with on a day to day basis.  I would really appreciate hearing from you on this if you have any similar stories.  Keep babystepping along x

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Anyone else done anything like this?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »
Yes Angela- I do, even put a coat on inside out and I find myself double checking when I withdraw money etc. that I've actually remembered to take the card and the money out- I just don't trust myself at the moment. Hopefully we might all end up on the same ward together!  :rolleyes:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:16:17 PM »
I became very forgetful, I think its normal when our minds are dealing with so much.  My 'favourite' was making cups of tea or coffee without boiling the kettle first - would completely forget that step xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »
I've done the tea thing. I've gone out without my keys many times. I've done a massive shop at ASDA, put everything through the checkout then realised I haven't taken any money. In work I have done simple jobs I must have done a thousand times before and completely missed out vital steps, left things behind at jobs and once even set off for work and drove halfway there
in my slippers.

My head is a complete muddle and if I want to remember something I have to write it down.

All I have to do then is remember where the list is.  :rofl:

Offline BT

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:45:08 PM »
Hi, this is my first time and I have done some crazy things.   Today too I forgot to boil the kettle when making a cup of coffee. I lost my mum 4 months ago.  I have done some silly things at work too.   

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum BT. Sorry to hear of your loss.

:hug:

Offline BT

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »
Thankyou hubby, it feels unreal sometimes that she has gone.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »
Hello BT- welcome to the group- it's been invaluable for me since I lost my hubby - especially knowing that doing crazy things is 'normal' for us!

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
I know what you mean BT. It's a drastic change to our lives and sometimes I feel like I'm on the outside watching my life go on. Going through the motions but not really having any control over it  anymore.

It does get easier they say. Until then we plod on.

Take care.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 12:22:27 AM »
I certainly agree with the comments made about being more forgetful,  I keep losing things, even though I'd been using them a minute before, right in front of me, and no amount of searching has enabled me to find them, small things like keys,  or the small brush off the vacuum cleaner, which I just used, and now it's disappeared...that was weeks ago, and they still have not turned up despite searching everywhere I can think off.   AYS it's likely because our minds are all over the place at the moment. 

I have put a shirt on inside out,  but realised pretty quickly when I came to fasten up the buttons,  but fortunately that's all.

A day at a time..... :hug:

Offline BT

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 09:43:56 PM »
Hi Julie, Thankyou for your message.

Offline Soleil

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 09:13:32 PM »
Oh Angela,

I remember when I was in a good place, happy and getting on in life.  More than once I'd get home from work and hurry to change clothes to take the dog out.  I tell you more than once, I not only put it on inside out but also back to front and I was well on my way with the dog. I was also a couple of decades younger than I am now. I just laughed it off.  I wouldn't worry too much about it or second guess. Even people who aren't grieving have done this many times.  Don't be hard on you....  :hug: