Author Topic: 3 weeks in  (Read 3421 times)

Offline bidster40

3 weeks in
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »
I lost my dad after a year and a half battle with cancer three weeks ago. I didn't cry properly for two weeks and just a few days ago cried in an unbearably painful way. I am moving into my new home on Thursday and don't feel at all happy about it. If anything it makes it worse because he would have been there for me.
I have absolutely no idea how I am supposed to get through this, I live on my own. I know it is a process but the thought of continuing to grief is frightening, isolating and leaves me feeling so vulnerable.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 3 weeks in
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Hiya bidstar, it is difficult at this early stage of your bereavement to imagine it can get any easier but believe me hun it does, a little each day so minute that you don't even notice it, you just need to take each day as it comes. You may have a decent day then the next be crying all day but unfortunayely it is two steps  forward and one step back. But your pain, anger and other emotions will get easier to bear i promise you xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:02:40 AM »
Hi bidster40. Welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  it's a rollercoaster journey, but like norma says it will get easier to cope. Need to be gentle with yourself,  take it slowly and plenty of TLC, and you will find people here who care and understand the journey xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Soleil

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:42 PM »
Hi bidster,

Sorry for the loss of your father and I will say congratulations on your new home. I'm sure that your father would wish you nothing but happiness there if he were alive. The unbearable crying will continue but it is all part of the healing process so just go easy on yourself. It is only through tears and grief that we move on.  I'm sending more hugs  :hug:

Offline zebedee

• Always on my mind. x
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

Im so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 8 weeks ago, so I feel your pain. I really do.
I have no words of comfort at the moment as Im in the nightmare myself and cant ever see a way out of it, but just wanted to offer a hug and some support. xxx
 :cray:
I used to be his angel..and now he's mine.
Your wings were ready, but my heart was not.
Miss you Dad xxx