Author Topic: Lost my mum and I'm pregnant  (Read 3257 times)

Offline AnnaJo

Lost my mum and I'm pregnant
« on: May 29, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »
We were told 3 weeks ago my mum wouldn't be fit for any treatment for her cancer that had returned for the third time in three years. Lost her after a horrific few weeks she really suffered from alot of pain and weakness. The last 2 days she could hardly breathe it was so difficult to watch I was actually wishing her to die just so the torture would stop.

She was in a hospice they done their best to keep her pain under control and manage symptoms but there's only so much they can do.
Anyway I'm 6 months pregnant with two other children I am so devastated and just looking for a place to get some support or speak to someone who has been in this position.  I'm 30 and my mother was only 58 I feel as if I have so many regrets and her life was actually so short. 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my mum and I'm pregnant
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »
Sending a big welcome hug  :hug:  I lost my dad shortly after his 59th birthday, it's hard

You will find a supportive group of people here who understand.  Talking about the feelings and emotions helps xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 12:05:04 AM »
Hi Annajo. Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My wife was 57 when she died and it has left my family devastated. I was expecting decades of time with her but it wasn't to be. We just don't expect to lose people at that age.

:hug:

Offline mike59

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 06:48:42 AM »
Hello Annajo, sorry you had to find us I Lost my Wife in Febuary 59 years,married for 38 wonderful years. you will Hopefully get Lots of Support Here.

:hug: