Author Topic: 6 months and some days are almost OK now...  (Read 4505 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
6 months and some days are almost OK now...
« on: April 17, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »
...but then as soon as I think that a thought goes through ny head and I'm down again.

For those following in my footsteps, I've found so far that if I can set myself just one or two targets for the week ahead, then I can get through it.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: 6 months and some days are almost OK now...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
You have been a lot of help to me over the past few weeks. Offering hope when I can see no future. Some days almost OK sounds a million miles away in these early days.

Stay strong and hopefully those some days will increase. (We done need a man hug icon)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »
it s a bumpy road with lots of potholes, its a case of adjusting the suspension to make them less savage over time. :hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
(We done need a man hug icon)

:laugh: Thanks for that. I've got a big grin on my face now. I'm a right 'bloke' most of the time (or have been until Chris died) and one of the things that implies is not saying a lot about your feelings, in fact not saying a lot full stop  :smiley:.

It's easy to look the other way and almost as easy to just mumble a few platitudes in the way that we all hear from a lot of people but it's far more difficult sometimes to express what you truly feel. It's good to know that occasionally I 'strike the right chord' and manage to say what I feel in a way that is also helpful in a small way  :cool:.

One thing I would say about visiting this board is that now and then it's a very painful experience reading about the pain that others are going through. It might sound like an odd thing to say but I am at ease with the fact that what has/is happening to me is the natural course of things. But the tragedies that some have to bear leave me feeling so sad and with such deep sympathy that I come away not knowing if the tears are for me or for others  :hug: my first hug to everyone (I'm not sufficiently unblokey yet to make a habit of it so enjoy this one while it's on offer  :laugh: )
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Joann

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 04:31:18 PM »
Longedge, sending a big  :hug: back to you. I too am 6 months down the road from losing my Mum and I feel the same that some days are kind of ok but then other days as soon as I open my eyes that feeling settles in the pit of my stomach and I dont want to get out of bed. This forum has been a real blessing to me.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:54:35 PM »
After reading some peoples first posts I am totally lost and the only thing I can manage is a 'so sorry' type of post. I often type long replies and when I read them back they just look all wrong and I delete them.

You, and others on the boards, seem to be able to post replies that seem right.

Offline Joann

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »
Hubby, dont worry about typing the 'right' thing. Sometimes I just leave a hug as I cannot find the right words.
Taking it one day at a time.