Author Topic: Dreams about deceased person  (Read 1601 times)

Offline 321yaz

Dreams about deceased person
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:53:00 AM »
Hi,
My nan raised me and i always lived with her, she ended up with dementia and when it got worse i cared for her full time for 2 1/2 years untill she passed in February. On the odd occasion I have bad dreams in which she is not dead but missing and i am either worrying waiting for her to come back home or searching for her, plus i am always sobbing.
What does this mean, is it just that i wish she was still alive?
Has anyone else had similar dreams?

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Dreams about deceased person
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 12:01:08 PM »
Hello Yaz,

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me as if you are just missing her and worrying about whether she is OK. I have had similar worries about my mum since she passed away. I think this is normal. It's very hard to be parted from someone you have cared for. You feel responsible for them when they are here and you worry if they are going to be alright without you, or at least I do.

I don't think dreams have any particular meaning ordinarily. I think they are more an expression of how you are feeling. Not sure if this helps. Hopefully someone else will come along with a better view of it.

All the best and sending you a hug.  :hug:

Offline 321yaz

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 02:00:04 PM »
Hello Yaz,

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me as if you are just missing her and worrying about whether she is OK. I have had similar worries about my mum since she passed away. I think this is normal. It's very hard to be parted from someone you have cared for. You feel responsible for them when they are here and you worry if they are going to be alright without you, or at least I do.

I don't think dreams have any particular meaning ordinarily. I think they are more an expression of how you are feeling. Not sure if this helps. Hopefully someone else will come along with a better view of it.

All the best and sending you a hug.  :hug:

Thank you

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »
I agree with Sandra, our dreams  are a reflection  of how we are feeling.
We dream in metaphor,  about all the things that have raised our emotions during the day which are left unresolved.  Sounds like a dream very much around  the longing  to have our loved ones back, I know I had many of those too. It's a way of our brains trying to process what has happened  :hug:  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx